Chapter 16

The four figures left through the doors that led to The Tiled Garden, following the stone path that led to the marbeled small square. The moon on its path was now located just above them and its bright pierced through the strategically placed trees to indicate the place they were looking for.

--Its here.-- said Mad-O.-- I've seen it. All this time he's been here. I must admit that it was quite smart on your part.-- Mad-O said looking at them, but the three of them knew who she was referring to.-- The Great Council, really built for the custody of our master.-- she closed her eyes.-- It's time.

At her signal, the three positioned themselves under the corresponding statue.

--Can you feel it?-- Mad-O continued.-- The seal has weakened enough to be broken. Bring him back right now!!

Wielding their weapons, they raised them, and at Dark Moon's voice, they struck the tiled floor.

--DESTRUCTUM!

The strength of the impact was enormous, so much so that the entire place trembled, several trees snapped in half, and ornamental statues toppled over.

When the dust had cleared, where there had been a beautiful marbeled square, was now a deep crater on the ground.

--LEVITATE!-- Dark Moon said at the twist of her staff.

From the bottom of the crater emerged the shape of a man. He was older, but still in full use of his vigor. His dark skin had paled from confinement. Despite having his eyes closed, his face was grim. The seal that confined him was made up of three rings of bright light that revolved around him, preventing him from moving.

His black eyes suddenly opened, moving his pupils frantically from one side to the other, looking around him, since it was the only part of his body he could move.

Devotion and fanaticism were imprinted on the faces of his servants, like thirsty men seeking water.

--Finally!-- Mad-O said. But she didn't look the same. She looked pale and exhausted, as if she were about to faint.-- Our lord has returned! Quick! Break the seal.

They three struck the palm of their right hand with their respective weapons, and marked them with their blood. In triangle formation they surrounded him, to at Dark Moon'svoice, hit the ground again:

--LIBERATIO!

The seal around Ufthar began to crack like glass, until it finally broke completely, like shattering.

Ufthar's feet touched the ground, without losing his balance. Drawing up to his full height, he breathed in deeply, then slowly exhaled.

--Oh! Finally.-- he said.

The four knelt before him in submissive prostration.

--My lord.-- said Mad-O, who carried the golden staff in her hands, extended it to him as if it were an offering.-- I have kept it for you all this time.

He took it in both hands, instantly recognizing its touch. Then he fixed his eyes on them.

--Two women and a man. So this is the shape in which my enemies have returned.

--We are not worthy to be in your presence, my lord.-- Blood Star said.

--But we are at your service, my lord.-- Black Sun said.

--We know that we represent an unpleasant memory for you, my lord. But at one word from you, we will put an end to our existence.-- said Dark Moon.

Immediately, and at the same time, the three of them threatened their necks with the sharp edge of their weapons in order to end their lives at an order from Ufthar.