1 - "Camila."

I was on my way back to England, currently waiting for my next flight in Florida. Two hours left, I hate waiting.

I spend the past week on Hawaii with some of my best friends Julia and Jules. We weren't childhood friends, but they entered my life at the right time. I know I can always talk to them, we're always there for each other. I really love them.

Why Hawaii? I mean what else are you supposed to do after getting out of a toxic relationship. The Girls trip was the perfect cure. That and my decision to not take on any jobs. I haven't accepted one for the past four weeks, for me a lifetime considering I usually have at least two a week. But I needed this time off and fuck I deserved it.

The first week after my break up was basically crying and eating junk food. After that I was like 'fuck it' so I spend some time back in Madrid and ended up with my girls on Hawaii. It was amazing and I enjoyed every second of it.

Thinking about the past weeks I realized I don't want to go back to London yet. So what does a girl post-break up do then? Right, I cancelled all my flights and started looking for a cute Airbnb. I made my way out of the Airport and my smile immediately grows wider.

The next week was a blast besides trying thons of food places I even made a solo trip to the universal studios. As a huge fan of basically everything there I had a great time, at some point I got adopted by a group of Mexicans, they were amazing.

Just as I got back to my Airbnb I get a FaceTime call from a friend of mine, Vanessa. Haven't heard from her in a while but I immediately pick up. "Hey giiiiirl." She smiles in the camera "Today is your lucky day!"

I laugh "And whys that?"

"I saw that you're in Florida, right?"

"Depends on why you're asking...?"

"We will be going to St. Petersburg this weekend!" She screams in excitement, God knows why.

"And why exactly?"

"I got tickets for the first race of the season!" I give her a questioning look "Indy Car you dummy! You have to come!!"

"I don't know.. I'm not really into motorsports."

"Everyone I asked already cancelled on me, you're literally my last option, c'mon. We will also meet all the drivers!! "

Did she really just told me I was the last one she wanted to go with? Mh, lovely.

"I'm not sure Vanessa. I don't even know anything about this sport."

"But it would be an amazing opportunity to take some new pictures!"

I sigh but gave in "Yeah okay. I'll come." i like new challenges when it comes to photography..

It's just one weekend, right?

Here I am. 26th February 2022 and I am at a race? Yeah, that doesn't sound right to me but at least I got the chance to dress up a little.

We got to the track early as hell, don't ask me why

We got to the track early as hell, don't ask me why. I was lost and walked after Vanessa the whole time. I just brought myself a coffee because she dragged me here before I could even finish my breakfast in peace. No clue what we have on our schedule I turn back around to ask her about it.

But she was gone.

I looked around for her but she was nowhere to be seen. Perfect. I try to call her a few times but she doesn't pick up either.

Is she fucking serious right now?

Absolutely lost and without any plan I decide to take a walk around and just have a look at everything myself. Maybe taking some nice Photos.

I'm sure me and my coffee looked helpless.

Hold up a sec – Just as I thought I saw Vanessa I feel my hot Coffee all over my dress. Holy shit, that burns. The guy who bumped into me apologized immediately "Ooooh no. Shit! sorry I didn't looked where I was going!"

"Uhm don't worry it's alright." I smile and try to get the Coffee off the upper part of my dress, unsuccessful obviously.

"Hold on I'll get you one of my spare T-shirts!" before I could say anything he already left. I don't really have many options so I moved a bit to the side to not stand in the middle of the way and waited for the guy to return.

To my surprise he really did return, a T-shirt in his left hand. He smiles brightly at me as he hands it over to me "Here that should work for now"

"Who are you that you bring spare clothes with you??" I ask laughing.

He laughs and I give him a questioning look "Oh- you weren't joking?" he asks confused but smiling.

"No. I'm actually pretty lost here."

"Is it rude to assume that this is your first Indy car race?"

"Is it that obvious?"

He laughs again and I kinda love it.

"I have to go now Work is calling but I hope I'll see you again!"

I smile and hold up the T-shirt "Thanks again."

"I ran you over in the first place so don't worry. Hope you'll enjoy your first race...?"

He waits for me to fill in my name "Camila".

"Camila." He says with a smile before he turns around and wants to leave.

"Hey! I didn't catch your name!" I call after him.

He keeps walking but turns around, walking backwards, smiling as he says "You'll find out soon enough, don't worry Camila."

********

here you goooo first chapter 🥹

who did camila bumped into...?

i have a looooot planned for this story but as always i want to include you, so answer some of the following questions if you want:

what motorsport series do you want to be included here?

which driver do you want to take part in the story? (doesn't matter which series!)

..love interest...?

anything else you would like to read in a story? could be anything, really.