ii

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"MISFORTUNE AND A CYCLE OF TORMENT HAD BEFALLEN THE LADY IN MASK AS-," You drowned out the voice of an old lady from the streets. As Lyney guided you and showed you around Fontaine, visiting shops and stalls in the process, you both had stopped by to listen at a street storyteller.

According to Lyney, this old lady has been here for years and that she tells amazing yet matured theme stories which explains the audiences here, they all look like they're in their mid 20s though there are also teenagers in the crowd. Lyney also mentioned that this is one of the places he occasionally stops by whenever he gets free time.

"For her father had caused all of her suffering, she had decided to fully resent him till death. As she crawls out of her chairs with wheels that serves as its feet, slowly yet eager to reach the peak of the cliff, tears of anguish cascaded down her once delicate face as she curses those who had caused her ill-," You're a fan of stories ever since you were a child, whatever tropes and genres they're written off, you always see the beauty in them and enjoy it.

You remember a bard back in Mondstadt who will occasionally appear in front of your room's window whenever your parents lock you inside after doing something they deem 'inappropriate' and he will tell you countless stories, as if they have a life of their own. He has his ways when it comes to story telling because you feel like you're experiencing the whole thing itself.

As a child, he's like a hero and a brother figure you wish you had. He's always there to cheer you up whenever you're upset and never fails to make you smile. You almost thought he was like a fairy god father or something!

You still see him back at the tavern now that you've grown up, though it's strange... it was as if he's never aging at all as he looks all quite the same.

"My, what a tragic story..." Lyney frowned as the old lady had finally wrapped the story up. He turned to you and realized that you weren't listening as you look like you're in deep thoughts. Lyney's frown grew.

"Mademoiselle? Are you with me?" He waved his hand in front of you, trying to get your attention which worked as you finally snapped out of your trance. You met Lyney's eyes in surprise as you flashed him an apologetic look.

"O-Oh... I'm sorry! What was it you were saying?"

"It's nothing, don't worry." He chuckled. "I was wondering what your thoughts are about the story we've heard just now."

Oh barbatos, sharing thoughts and opinions when asked is something you're not exactly great at. You just ... don't know what to say most of the time.

"Ah, my thoughts? Hmm..." God, you didn't hear the last part since you were too lost in your thoughts.

Lyney waited for your answer expectantly and you can't help but feel guilty as you bit your lip.

"Lyney? Is that you, child?" The voice of an old lady spoke behind you, saving you from your current self dilemma. Turning around, you saw the story teller herself, smiling warmly. She took notice of you as she sent a nod of acknowledgement towards you.

Woah, despite her old age, she still looks so beautiful!

"Madame Anais! It's been a long time!" Lyney smiled as he approached the old lady and lightly bent down to give her a hug. "Indeed it is, child." She smiled, returning the hug.

As they both let go of the hug, Madame Anais turned to you. "And might I ask who this beautiful young lady is?"

Lyney turned to you with a smile as he gently pulled you to join them in the conversation. "Madame, this lovely lady right here is (Y/N). She's a visitor here. (Y/N), this is Madame Anais." Lyney introduced as to which you nodded and flashed Anais a smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise, child. My, do pardon me but you really look like you're born out of nobility. Your beauty is quite enamoring!" Madame Anais gushed as she grabbed you by the shoulder and turned to Lyney with a knowing smile.

A chuckle escaped your lips as you bit your inner cheek. "You flatter me, Madame. I could say the same to you as well! You're as ravishing as the sun of spring."

"Oh my!" Madame Anais laughed. "She's quite the charmer~ Sounds all too familiar isn't it, Lyney, my dear?" She grinned, nudging the young magician who only chuckled.

"A charming charmer, alright." Lyney smiled as he turned to you and gave you a wink. 'You're the charmer one here.' You thought to yourself while shaking your head.

The three of you conversed for quite a while until Madame Anais had to leave as she have matters to attend to, according to her. Lyney suggested to stop by at a place called Hotel Debord for a break of the tour to which you gladly obliged.

"Ah, Mr. Lyney! Greetings greetings, it's been a while since you and your sister have last visited us for a performance!" A hazelnut-colored hair man with petite circle glasses beamed as soon as his eyes caught Lyney's approaching figure when the both of you entered the building.

"Oh hello, Monsieur Sanguinetti! It has been a while indeed. May I ask a table for two? It would be much preferable if we'll be placed where there are less guests, if that wouldn't be a problem of course!" Lyney smiled, giving the man a 'you-know' look to which he understood immediately.

"Why of course! Come come, follow me." The man smiled as he started walking forward as you and Lyney both followed after.

Lyney said that this place is called Hotel Debord but... with all you are seeing right now, it looks more like a restaurant than a hotel.

'It's probably one of those building names that contradicts what they're actually serving purpose of for the name.'

"Here is your table." The man spoke as he stopped by a table and just exactly as Lyney requested, there aren't much guest residing and having a meal on the nearby tables around.

"Just as I have requested. Great job, Sanguinetti! You have my thanks." Lyney smiled and placed his hand in front of his chest as a gesture of gratitude.

"No need thank me, it is my pleasure serving one of our greatest guest and magician here along with their acquaintance. Should you need anything, you can always call me." Sanguinetti stated and excused himself, leaving you and Lyney alone.

As you were about to take a seat, Lyney rushed to your side and pulled the chair for you. "After you, my lady." He grinned to which you chuckled.

"Thank you, good sir." You smirked before finally sitting in as Lyney laughed and gently pushed it forward. Taking the seat in front of you, Lyney grabbed the menu that was set down at the table and scanned the contents before looking at you.