12 - 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘕𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘛𝘰 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘈 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥

*EMMA'S POV*

I couldn't sleep very well tonight, re-enacting yesterdays events. I don't know what happened to him. He looked so broken. I've never seen him like this, vunerable. I'm glad he can express his emotions around me, though I don't know why.

I feel bad for him, it must be hard, especially with his father and everything. Evil isn't born like most people think, it's made. People in the hallways are scared of him, they think he's like Voldemort, I can tell you he isn't, but i can't blame them, I also thought that. You shouldn't judge people without actually getting to know them. That's a mistake I made.

I hated seeing him like that. It shattered my heart. We all need somebody, somebody to rely on, somebody to open up to. Mattheo has never had that, but maybe, just maybe I can be that person for him.

After todays sleepless night, the morning rolls around. I open my door and was going to head to breakfast. That's when I see the most beautiful bouquet of tulips, all of different colours, sitting outside my dorm. I pick them up, they smell amazing.

I notice a note attached to them, it reads:

Thank you for yesterday, I really needed it, I had a bad day.

I'm glad you were there. I owe you one.

It's nice to have a friend.

- Mattheo Riddle

He doesn't need to thank me and he knows that. It was nothing, really, but the flowers do look great in my dorm.

I get to the great hall for breakfast. I sit with Pansy, as usual. I'm not going to tell anyone what happened yesterday. It's private i guess, and i don't want to do him dirty, i'm sure he would be far too embarrassed.

I glance over at Pansy, just to find her staring at Blaise and the boys. I now find myself staring at Mattheo. I can hear his deep laugh from across the room. It makes me happy, since just yesterday he broke down crying in front of me. I wish I could bottle up the sound of his laugh. His smile. He rarely smiles. It's precious. I wish I could see it more frequently.

I'm getting lost in my own thoughs, i'm not that obsessed with him as i seem to be, right?

I divert my attention back to Pansy before someone catches me staring. "So, what's the deal between you and Blaise?" I ask giggling. "I don't think he likes me like that" she replies. "He totally does, you should ask him out" I'm being completely honest with her, everyone can see their love for each other.

I don't think I could ever find love. Not like them. No one sees me like that. Me? Having a boyfriend? I'll never see the day. I wish I could find myself a relationship like theirs. I'm kind of jealous actually.

"Emma are you listening?" Pansy snaps her fingers in front of my face. I zone out a lot, I need to learn to stay focused. "We should hang out this evening, all of the group, we'll bring some alcohol or something, it'll be fun, you in?" she says while messaging the guys on the group chat. "Totally."

The whole group hanging out, as friends, no hatred between Mattheo and I. Just friends.

I never would have seen this coming.