.⋅ ♫ ~ Chapter 7 ~ ♫ ⋅.

A body stirred underneath the purple bedsheets. Lilith had just woken up after the eventful night she had yesterday with Terzo Emeritus. 

She sat up in bed and saw Terzo still asleep with his arm outstretched towards her. She smiled at the cute sight of him sleeping. His papal paint was all smudged, his hair was messy, and his face was half-buried in the pillows.

She laid her head against the headboard and replayed all of last night's memories over again in her head. She remembered the romantic restaurant he took her to, all of their long and deep conversation of things about themselves, and finally the sweet kiss and what that led to here in his papal suite. 

She never expected herself to end up in this position. A month ago she was a nobody in her small town, now she was sharing a bed with a satanic pope whom she had feelings for, with an amazing group of friends and a supportive community. 

As she was thinking over everything, one moment really got her attention. When they were in the middle of what they were doing, Terzo had said a few rather meaningful things. He had told her that he loved her and that she was "everything". He didn't just say he loved her, he said "Ti amo" which in English translates to "I love you." It felt like such a pure and raw confession.

At the same time, Lilith was unsure whether it was just said in the heat of the moment or if he actually truly loved her. Just as she was thinking it over in her head, another body stirred under the sheets. 

She looked over and saw Terzo's eyes open, and a small smile printed on his face.

"Good morning amore.. how was your sleep?" He said in a tired but loving tone

"I slept great, what about you?" Lilith responded

"Better than ever cara mia" Terzo said with a smile "What time is it?"

Lilith turned and looked over at the clock which read 5:03 am, meaning they had three hours until breakfast started. She guessed they woke up so early because the night before, they had both fallen asleep around 9:30 pm, which is at least much earlier than Lilith chooses to go to sleep, and most likely Terzo too.

"It is 5:03 am, pretty early isn't it?" She said with a chuckle

Terzo sighed and smiled "Well that leaves us with more time to spend together before service sí?"

Lilith nodded and motioned for him to come closer. Terzo wrapped his strong arms around her and held her close to him. She rested her head against his chest and sighed happily as he pressed a few gentle kisses to the top of her head.

Lilith then realized she was still wearing the space buns from the night before, so she reached a hand up and took them out, letting her long black hair return to waist-length. The two of them sat in silence for a few more minutes before Terzo spoke up.

"So... that was a very nice night we had last night yes? How are you feeling? Was I too rough?"

"No not at all, that was the best first time I could've asked for. It was an amazing experience" Lilith reassured him

Terzo let out a sigh of relief and smiled while hugging Lilith closer to his body. Meanwhile, Lilith was debating asking Terzo about what she was thinking of earlier. After a bit, Lilith decided to ask what his intent was.

"Hey, Terzo?" Lilith said while looking up at him

In response, he looked down at her "Yes amore?"

"What did you mean last night when you said that you love me? Was it in the heat of the moment or did you mean what you said?"

Terzo inhaled sharply, a wave of anxiety passing over him. Fuck, I probably told her too much, I hope she isn't bothered... He thought.