𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊

________________

Amaranthine

(adj.) Undying , immortal, eternally
beautiful

(adj.) a deep purple- red
_______

-𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐚

𝐓he day at the office flew by in the blink of an eye. After my restroom break, I returned to my desk and diligently complete the remaining documents.

I had to skip lunch cause I forgot mine at home even though Mr Costa kindly offered to treat me. I politely declined his offer.

Before I knew it, I received a text from papà , saying he's outside, and it's time to pack up.  I gather my things, carefully organized and placed the documents on the table, just as Mr. Costa instructed me.

However, I can't help but sense his watchful eyes following my every move as I navigate around the room.

With a sense of urgency, I efficiently finish up my tasks and bid a soft farewell to him. But he doesn't seem to like that.

"Elena?" he begins, his voice carrying a low and resonant tone. Caught off guard, I nervously reply, "Y-yes," my words stumbling out in a stutter.

As he beckons me closer with the words, "Come here," a rush of memories floods from five hours ago return to my mind.

I instantly recall the last time he uttered those words, it was before lifting me onto his lap. The warmth of that moment lingers in my thoughts.

However, this time, I make the conscious decision not to approach him. Instead, I divert my gaze downward, nervously playing with my fingers.

I can hear a faint shuffling sound, and in what feels like no time at all, he stands before me.

I gather the courage to lift my eyes, meeting his intense gaze. "That's not a proper goodbye, Elena," he pouts, his voice carrying a hint of disappointment. I quickly straighten up, adjusting my posture so that I can extend my hand for a formal handshake.

"Goodbye, Mr. Costa-" I begin to say, but my sentence gets muffled by his broad chest as he pulls me into a tight embrace.

My heart skips a beat as I feel his arms enveloping me, creating a sense of security and comfort. For a fleeting moment, I allow myself to relax in his embrace, inhaling his intoxicatingly masculine scent.

After what feels like an eternity, I gradually pull away, breaking the hold of his arms. He leans in and plants a gentle kiss on my forehead,

his soft lips brushing against my skin. "Arrivederci, tesoro," he whispers softly, causing my cheeks to flush with a deep shade of crimson.

I feel a mixture of embarrassment and delight as I exit his office, my mind filled with a whirlwind of emotions.

***

"So, how was your day?" Papá asks with a warm smile. Instantly, a rush of memories from the day floods my mind, causing a subtle blush to creep up my cheeks. I can't help but look down, a mix of shyness swirling within me.