seven

R O S E A N N E

So far life hasn't been as complex. I spent most of my week writing and working— catching up with my shift hours.

I haven't spoken to Hwasa since the day she told me Lisa got engaged, however, that didn't stop her from raining messages at me. She texted me at least seven times a day 'checking up on me' and briefly asking for forgiveness.

I never respond.

I was slowly but evidently going back into my shell of being antisocial and I low-key loved it. I wasn't used to twenty-four-seven talks and gossip, that wasn't my thing. I liked being alone in the safety of myself.

Jisoo on the other hand wouldn't stop pressuring me about Lisa's engagement until the point I had to block her from my contacts and ignore her at work.

She didn't take my silence lightly and would often throw tantrums. I've noticed Jisoo likes attention and is sometimes a people-pleaser. I wish I could have strength like that to always seem desirable in people's eyes but to her, it flows naturally.

"Do you drink coffee often?" Hyeri asks, sitting across the wooden table.

"Not really." I smile nervously.

"I can tell" she takes a sip of her "You're staring at it as if it's going to bite you." she giggles.

"It's just a bit bitter," I say in a low tone. My social activity rate is gone.

"That's because you requested it like mine, black. If you want they can add milk to yours and sugar" she says.

"Yes please." she takes my drink and years to the counter.

I take the opportunity to stare at my surroundings. Everything is wooden in a tight space. If it wasn't for the clear windows, I would have felt claustrophobic.

There were paintings hung up on the brown walls. Paintings that seemed to be a mixture of abstract and realism. Very unique options. Fake leaves in chains hung off the walls, making the room appear like a colonized jungle. I'm sure the decor has a name, I just don't know it.

The store gave off an earthly vibe, that enhanced the feeling of eating breakfast in it whilst the morning wind blazed with power, a nice homely sentiment.

"Ok I added a bit of milk and sugar, hopefully, it tastes better,"  Hyeri says as she walks back to the table.

"Thank you" I murmur, taking a sip and immediately falling in love with the creamy taste in my mouth. "Much better," I hum.

"Good. Now what brings me here?" she asks.

After gulping I respond "Well for the past week I've started writing a book and I was thinking of maybe publishing it." I wait for her reaction but her face is blank, I continue "Hwasa told me you work in that field so I was thinking you could give me done advice." I recall the moments Hwasa kept slamming me with Hyeri's number. Something about me being independent drives Hwasa to the limits. Shell provided me with any resources needed, hence why I was sitting in a local café store at nine o'clock in the morning. "This is my first time writing something serious and I genuinely think it's with it."

"Have you finished the book?" I shake my head no.

"Okay, that's fine. I can help you with that as long as you're taking it seriously." My book was how I wanted to express myself to the world. Reveal everything that I am thinking on a bunch of paper and let go. Even if they don't know it is me, they'll know my side of the story regardless. "I can set you up with an editor and we can negotiate some contracts so you can sign with my agency"