chapter one

I spread my wings, soaring on an updraft. I relished the feeling of the wind running its fingers through my feathers as I glided smoothly upwards. I looked at my flock that was made up of golden eagles that were in formation behind me. there was twelve of them and more back home in the glorified tree house that I call the nest. the main eagle aka alpha was a female named star, I named her that because of the light gold star pattern that was in her feathers. next to her was her mate apollo, and on either side of them were Ricky and Drew, their mates were flying beside them, and their names were Lola and Rosie. Lola and Rosie's friends Rhonda and lilac who were mated to Fred and Buster. Fiona and babe were flying next to them, and their mates were back at the nest waiting for their return. there was of course lots more back at home, and they were there because they were either hurt or unable to fly.

                As we were about a mile away from the nest, we heard screams coming from above us. I looked up and saw four people falling from out of nowhere, I called sparrows and other available birds to help catch them. I caught a small boy who looked about 14 years old. my eagles caught a guy wearing a butler outfit and the sparrows caught a blue haired boy, while a mix of birds like robins and hawks, and woodpeckers caught a guy wearing glasses that was also wearing a butler suit, but also looked like the guy the eagles caught, and I just assumed that they must be siblings. I had them bring them into the nest one by one, with me last.

Sorry about the short chapter, am still figuring out how this works as this is a new laptop.......