The General

[WARNING! This chapter is not yet edited, and therefore will include a shift in my writing style, more cringe, and may not make sense with the current state of things! I am rewriting the whole thing, so this chapter will be extremely different from my current ones. You have been warned.]

I'm a late sleeper.

By the time I wake up, everyone is already chatting over breakfast, cereal from what I can see.

"..So, we came here to get some Soup blood for a cure." Ethan is saying to Sage.

"Hey, how come you have cereal here?" I ask, thinking of the stale toast from our old base.

"We were smart enough to be one of the first to stock up on supplies once the apocalypse hit. Now we only have to go out for food very rarely." someone says. A rather pretty girl I hadn't noticed before is sitting next to Sage. She has long brown hair and eyes, and is wearing the same military outfit as the rest of us, although I think that she wears it a bit better. "I heard about you. The half-zombie. I'm Scarlette, by the way." It's a beautiful name, but I see the way she looks at Sage. I don't even let myself bother.

"Yeah, you've got some explaining to do." Sage says. I sigh. At least they're happy. Either way, this is going to be one long explanation. It goes smoothly until I mention the Soups. Well, as smoothly as it can be when you're trying to explain how you exist.

"Oh, yeah. They've been causing you trouble?" Scarlette asks.

"Of a sort... I got bit." This makes them both pause. Sage launches herself from her chair. 

"I KNEW IT!!" She yells. "I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE!" I've tried to numb myself to the hate, but every time it catches me off guard.

"Calm down, Sage!" Ethan says, joining in. "We've done rigorous tests and we know what to do if anything happens!"

"Wait- we do?" Wesley asks.

Sage mutters angrily under her breath. Suddenly, Kazuki walks in angrily. "Who interrupted my NAP!!!!!" [A/N: I am deeply sorry for the following]

"That would be Sage." Wesley pointes to her

Kazuki unsheathed his sword. "Woah, wait, calm down a second!" Jimmy says, blocking Kazuki from walking forward.

"Jimmy, we have known eachother since 4th grade and you should know by now not to interrupt my naps..." Okay, I didn't know that they go that far back.

"Yeah, but they don't!" Kazuki pushes Jimmy out the way. He jumps at Sage, saying "Vengeance of the Undead!". Scarlette holds out her hands, and Kazuki is pushed aside mid-jump, as if by magic. "Don't go near her!" She yells.

"Was that-" Wesley says.

"Ghostly Wails Under a Silent Night!" Kazuki destroys the area around him, making a circle of pure destruction. Suddenly, Kazuki is held against the wall by pure air. "I have wind powers. DON'T ASK! I'll explain later." Scarlette says, looking at the rest of us. "But I'm afraid that your friend needs to chill."

"You disgust me, wind FREAK." Kazuki yells at her.

I step in. I feel the need to protect her. "It doesn't matter if she's a freak. Honestly, I'm disappointed. I'm the real freak here, and yet you've never called me that once." Kazuki puts the tip of his sword to my chin, making a small cut. "Say something and it will be a bigger cut." I back up and put a hand to my chin. Minimal damage.

"Shall I knock him out?" Scarlette asks, forcing Kazuki's arm back down.

"Nah, see what he does." Jimmy says, and Scarlette drops him.