Surviving the First Night

Alex felt the sun on her face and the breeze on her cheek as she slowly opened her eyes. She found herself in a field of grass surrounded by trees, the light seeping in through the branches. She looked around and found herself alone, with no animals or creatures or people around. She stood up as she began to walk aimlessly in any direction with no recollection of where she was or how she had gotten there.

She knew her name though and perhaps that would be enough for now? She continued on her walk and eventually found some wild life. She walked past some sheep, some cows, some pigs, and a scattering of ducks. As she continued she eventually found a wild dog who ran off into the distance.

The grass was littered with all sorts of different flowers. The walk was mostly peaceful, but through the shadows of the tress Alex could've sworn she saw movement. Just out of the edges of her perception she heard sounds that didn't seem natural.

But whatever it was stayed away and so she walked until she came across a long winding river. She had no idea where the river would take her but inside she could see fishes swimming around. She almost thought to get in but as she took a step closer and looked at the deeper side of the river, she noticed eyes staring back at her from underneath the water.

She felt a chill in her bones and stepped away, best to be careful for now. So she sat in a small clearing between the river and the forest as she relaxed for a bit. She had no food, so she would need to work something out. Although right now she didn't feel hungry and anyways the sun was starting to go down. As the sun began to set she noticed the animals all seemed to disappear, even the fish seemed to go into hiding. How strange.

Then she began to hear the sounds from earlier, but this time she could clearly make them out. Soft groaning coming out from the woods, movement in the shadows. She stood up feeling nervous as she noticed the eyes from the water also getting closer.

She looked around for some place to hide but there was nothing, she was trapped. The sun crept lower on the horizon, shrouding the trees in darkness and then she saw them. Large spiders roaming around the trees, and skeletons with bows and arrows stalking the woods. One of the skeletons noticed her and notched an arrow, it let loose and the arrow landed next to Alex. Well at least they weren't the best at aiming it seemed.

Alex needed a way to defend herself, anything to help her survive the creatures of the forest. They had arrived with the departure of the sun, so maybe upon it's return they would all leave. Alex felt the sun finish setting behind her and she heard something come out of the water. She turned and her eyes went wide in shock.

From the water emerged what looked like person. Except their skin was blue like the sea, and their hair was green as seaweed. They moaned out as if in pain, their clothing all torn apart and they looked at her with cold undead eyes.

Alex decided to take her chances with the bad aiming skeletons and took off into the forest. Instantly a skeleton began to try and fire at her, she rushed at him though fear and desperation driving her movements.

She felt an arrow bite into her shoulder as she reached the undead creature and punched it as hard as she could muster. It jumped back and made a sound she assumed was it screaming. With the adrenaline pumping through her she began to pound away at the monster, beating it even as it fired more arrows into her. It quickly became apparent this would be a competition of who could last the longest.

Alex was not confident in her chances of survival so she was shocked when the skeleton suddenly broke apart. His bones now littering the ground, his bow and arrows at her feet. She picked up the weapons and then tried to pick up the bones, but they vanished with her touch. Strange, but she didn't have time to question it, she went to pull the arrows from her body but they too were gone.