Chapter 7

Word count:1875
Please read the A.N at the end of this chapter (and don't kill meh)

Ashlynn's p.o.v

"What do you mean? My mother isn't a goddess." I was still laying on the floor, but when I looked up at him, he looked even more surprised.

"Actually, your mother isn't 'a' goddess, she's The Goddess. The Moon Goddess to be exact." he walked around to the wall of books, and I took this time to stand and stretch my sore limbs. My head was going in circles by now. From the liars I call my family to the King standing in front of me. I sat down in one of the chairs in front of his desk and turned my attention back to him. He now had a thick leather-bound book with the same marks my wolf was covered in.

"What's that?" I was curious now as he flipped through the pages before putting the book in my lap. I looked at the page he turned to and there she was, the wolf I'd changed into.

"That is your prophecy. The Divine Daughter is the Moon Goddess's way of keeping peace in the realms. In the prophecy, you only appear when the realms are on the brink of destruction. So why are you here, and who are you after?" I looked up at him wide-eyed and very confused. "Umm, I only just found out that I'm a wolf. Not only that, but my family of liars have been omitting important information my whole life. So, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about." I closed the book and put it on his desk. "If you could send me home though, I would greatly appreciate it and I might owe you a favor in the future. I won't say near future because i don-"

"I'm sorry, but until I know why the Goddess sent you here, I can't send you home. The Divine Daughter only shows up every 300 to 500 years, but the last one hasn't been seen in over 1000 years."

"Look, I apologize for the trespassing and stumbling into your world and all, but the liars are getting worried I'm sure; and I need a lot of answers that I'm sure you don't have. So if you don't mind opening the little tree tunnel thing I came through and I'll be on my way."

Whatever I said seemed to confuse him more.  He walked around his desk and sat down, opening the book again to another page. This page showed a Beautiful Woman dressed in what looked like a silver dress and even on the page, she seemed to cast a pure white glow around her.

'Maybe we should stay child, the king of Lysaria has a number of resources that would be useful for us. especially the training grounds.'

'What?! Are you mad?! I went through a portal to another dimension running from my family. We'll not discuss their lies right now.' She scoffed. 'Plus I already have defensive and offensive training.'

'But you don't have the specialty training that you need as a wolf, child'

"So, from what you're saying, the Goddess opened a portal for you. It's impossible for anyone in any dimension to just 'stumble' into Lysaria. You either open it yourself or travel with someone. You have no idea who you are, what you're capable of, or even the history of your bloodline."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying the moon goddess herself opened a portal to get you here. Why? I don't know, but she wouldn't just send you here for no reason. You say you just shifted, right? Which means you have no training and no idea what you can do. If anyone else learns of your existence before you learn to protect yourself, you'll be killed or worse." I sighed. At this point I just want to go home. I know I don't exactly trust them anymore, but they are still my family and I know they're getting more worried by the second.

"Listen, I can't send you home until I know why she sent you to this realm. I can however, let you contact your family and let them know you're well and not in any danger. I will also have the handmaidens show you where you will be sleeping and-"