Chapter 3

Hey guys Winter here. I just want to remind you that This chapter skips to Saturday morning. Also thanks for reading and let me know what you think😊

Word Count: 2229

Ashlynn's p.o.v

*Dream*

I ran through the maze of hedges, my heart pounding in my chest as I pushed myself to go faster. Adrenaline and fear coursing through me as I raced to get away from the unknown threat. What was I running from?
Where was I?
Heavy thuds behind me became louder, as if someone was chasing me. I rounded a big oak and stopped. I was now standing in the middle of a meadow with overgrown daisies and wildflowers swaying gently with the wind. The full moon above shining brightly,
Putting me in some sort of trance. The heavy thuds behind me stopped abruptly as I turned around, coming face to face with a huge black wolf that began snarling at me viciously,
It's gold eyes glaring menacingly.
I took a step back realizing it wasnt glaring at me, it was glaring at something behind me.
I turned around to see another dirty gray wolf snarling as well.
I let out a scream as it lunged at me.

*Dream over*

I sat up abruptly, sweat covering my body as I tried to calm my breathing. I clutched my wolf pendant tightly, thinking about the day my dad gave it to me.

About a month after he left for some business trip, my mom told me he had died in a crash on my 13th birthday. I never really took this necklace off after that. It made it seem as if he was standing right beside me. I looked over at the clock to see that it was 5:30

I walked downstairs to the kitchen and made me a hot cup of chamomile tea. I grabbed my book and took a seat at the bay window that looked out on our backyard.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

2 Hours Later

I looked up from my book as my mom walked into the kitchen. She started up the coffee before turning to face me.
"What time?" She asked taking a seat at the table across from me.
"5:30. That's the third time this week mom."
"I know hun, but I think I might be able to find out what it means. What time are you coming home tonight?"
"I don't know yet. I think I'll head over there at about 2 though." I stifled a yawn and folded my page, closing the book.
"That chamomile make you sleepy?"
"Yes and I'm headed back to bed. Wake me up at 12 please?"
"Okay. You better go before the rest of our oh-so-lovely family wakes up." She grabbed my empty cup as I headed up stairs and laid back down.

🌊🌊🌊TIME SKIP 🌊🌊🌊

"Ashlynn get up!" I felt someone shake me roughly as I groaned and turned over.
"Fine, have it your way." There was silence for a moment. I let out a shriek as I jumped out of my bed, cold water soaking me completely. I glared at my mom who was dying of laughter.
"Did I not tell you to get up." She was still giggling as I shook my head
"What time is it?"
"1:30" My eyes widened as I quickly grabbed a towel and ran into the bathroom. I took a quick shower and did hygiene things before plugging up my curlers. I wrapped my towel tightly around me and walked out of the bathroom. My mom was changing my sheets since she's the reason they are wet.
"Your outfit is on the dresser. I'm doing your makeup, go do your hair."
At least she's letting me do my own hair, She always burns me. My mom is my stylist, anytime I need her all I have to say is makeover. I curled my hair and brushed it out slightly to make it look wavy. I sat in the swivel chair as my mom began doing my makeup. Im so EXCITED! I wonder what he's going to say. Will he be happy? Maybe he won't find me attractive? What if I just go over there and embarrass myself? By now I was full on panicking.