Ninja Rooms: Nya

Yes I'm aware that Nya's room has been shown before but listen I just really like drawing backgrounds and I felt like drawing each of the ninja's bedrooms so yeah kjbnmm- this is meant to be a mix of canon and my version. Kind of like how I would create their bedrooms if I was on the ninjago design team, of course some elements from canon are taken as well cause canon had a ton of things that I just couldn't resist putting so this is pretty much what I ended up with.

If all goes to plan, this might end up becoming a series but for now have Nya cause I just had to start with my favourite lmao.

Onto the drawing!

Here's the version without the fancy lighting:

Lets get onto the details!

Stuff that I took from canon: the general layout, the swords stabbed in the wall. Books/weapons the floor, the pink painting next to her bed (tho the placement is slightly different along with contents of said painting.) The big plant next to her bed, does her spear count?

(I will admit I cheaped out a LOT making her pink painting (I litteraly just looked up a pink wallpaper and called it a day 😭. I won't normally let myself do this but I had no idea what to put in there as well as not having a clear enough screenshot so yeah, I apologise greatly for my sins Nya)

Things I added myself:

The dartboard with Harumi photos:

No hate to Harumi fans (heck I'm one of them lmao. I think she's a really fun character) but you cannot deny the amount of hatred Nya has for her like I'm pretty sure she would just throw a sword at said dartboard out of fun (and try to bring Lloyd along to do the same-)

The bags on the door:

Not much to say on those but fun fact: one of the bags is meant to resemble the one she had in the earlier seasons.

The string lights:

SHE JUST HAS THOSE VIBES OK?!

The curtain behind the bed:

I thought it looked similar to a waterfall and that it would look pretty so I added it. Same goes for the transparent drape thing over her bed.

The dream catcher:

I headcanon that since all of them have been through so much trauma, they have made each other little dream catchers so they all have good dreams at night :>

The paintings on the shelves:

Fun fact: they are all meant to be ninjago locations that they have visited in the series. (All painted by Nya ofc) the locations include: The lighthouse, the deep sea, and the ones on the shelf above those two are meant to show their adventure on DOTD. One half shows Yang's temple and the other half the Yin-Yang eclipse. There's also a picture of Ignacia on the dresser.

The sequin pillow: listen I once heard that they were also called Mermaid pillows and I just couldn't resist ok? She deserves a nice decorative pillow on her bed 😤 (plus they're also really nice to stroke, speaking from experience)

The countless tiny minifigures: I have a headcanon that Jay constantly leaves Lego monstrosities in Nya's room and they can be found in this drawing too. They include: Buff lego with a crab as a head, lego with too many legs, lego with two heads, lego with barbie doll legs surgically attached to it, animan x studios meme but in lego, and a tiny diorama of a cat and a tree that sits on Nya's nightstand because it's the only normal thing that Jay's ever left in her room.

The amount of plants everywhere: that one scene in crystallized still hasn't left my head and I'm completely convinced that she's a plant mom so I of course had to put a ton in her room (there are also some on her window sill but I couldn't include them but just know that their there!) I hc that she also waters all the plants in te monastery using her powers.

Various other knick knacks include: Cat slippers cause why not? Her yin yang medallion (I actually hc that she'd keep it in a drawer or something cause she doesn't want it to break/be stolen but I really wanted to put it somewhere so yeah), the blueprints in nightstand, the toolbox on her wardrobe, the shirt on the bed (I hc its the shirt she wears to bed but you can imagine it as anything else if you want), the rugs, the air conditioner caUSE GOD DAMMIT ITS ABSOLUTELY BOILING IN PK SEND HELP-

Thats all for today. I hope you liked my work. I'll see you in the next part.

Bye!