re: revival

"you win!" displayed the dancing letters on the screen. "Congratulations, play again?"

8-Bit celebration music played from her switch.

"Oh. I seem to have won again." Nanami twirled her pink hair and stared at her nintendo blankly as she laid in bed. When fighting NPCs, she always seemed to win, but it was too boring and easy playing by herself. Every round of every single game she owned, she could never lose. It sounds like a dream to hear, but some would say 'nothing worth having comes easy'. But, Chiaki Nanami loved her talent as the Ultimate Gamer, and she knew it was worth having. She had trained, she has lost in the past, but now it's just endless wins.

"Hello Chiaki!" an upbeat Ibuki burst the door open. Chiaki calmly smiled at her. "Oh, hello. Can I help you?"

"That's what I came here to ask you. You never seem happy these days, what's up?" she sat on the edge of Chiaki's purple bed. "Your video games usually make you all... la-dee-doo!" she put her hands in the air and smiled big. "But lately," she returned to normal, "You feel all la-dee-bleh." she let her arms droop at her sides as she slouched and made an exaggerated droopy frown face. Chiaki giggled.

"To be honest, I'm just sick of these games I keep winning. I love video games; playing them is my passion, but-"

"Multiplayer games then? How would you like playing with random strangers? Sounds fun, right?!"

"Multiplayer? I usually work alone, and to be fair, talking to random people via video games is a little suspicious-"

"You're doing it~" Ibuki grabbed Chiaki's arm and took her all the way to her couch, where she sat Chiaki down. She turned on the playstation and plopped a controller in Chiaki's lap and she chose a game.

"Hm.. no, too cutesy... this one is too gory... this one gives too much wattpad vibes... ew, a harem game, yuck... perfect! I found it!"

"Revive and Build 3D? I have heard of it before, but admittedly, I have never checked it out. Seems like your run-of-the-mill mincraft ripoff game if you ask me..."

As an expierenced player and hardcore fan for this game, Ibuki felt personally offended. But she pushed her feelings aside in order to show her good friend the game. She entered the game, chose multiplayer, and spawned. Her character was a default girl; Black hair and a blue and white sailor dress.

"Hm, your character looks pretty basic, mind if I help out?"

Normally, character customization was one of the parts Chiaki enjoyed the most, but she valued Ibuki's enjoyment, as she was her friend.

"Sure. Go for it, I'm sure it will look great!" She said genuinely, as she turned on her phone and played 'Wires' by The Neighborhood, because it was catchy and she couldn't get it out of her head. She lowered the volume so she wouldn't distract her friend, until Ibuki yelled at Chiaki to turn the music up to its normal volume.

In a matter of 1-2 minutes, Ibuki had managed to make a character that looked exactly like Chiaki.

"Wow! It looks just like me! You are surely talented Ibuki!"

"Is there anything Ibuki isn't good at?!" She laughed and then collapsed backwards onto a cat-face-shaped pink throw pillow on the grey couch, still cackling with confidence.

"I'm all alone in the ser- Oh, look, a player spawned!" Chiaki exclaimed happily. "Haji001 is their username. I'm gonna click on them," Chiaki casually took the playstation controller off of Ibuki's lap, who was still grinning like a witch.

"Male, experienced player, lots of badges, cool inventory... wow! He seems awesome!"

"Yeah yeah, this isn't a dating site, now get to playin!" Ibuki said excitedly.