Quiet Motions

"Chiaki?"

Chiaki, who was half-asleep, opened her eyes. "Who are you?"

"I am Haji001, otherwise known as Hajime Hinata. How are you feeling, Chiaki?"

"Hajime...?"

Chiaki looked at him, in real life, for the first time. He looked almost identical to his avatar. Except more... solid. More real. She even found him the smallest bit handsome, but instead of saying these words, she just blushed.

"I'm sorry for causing you guys so much trouble-"

"It's nothing, really."

A few seconds of silence passed before Hajime said;

"You are quite pretty in real life, Chiaki."

"Hm. Thank you," Chiaki was on the verge of becoming illiterate.

Hajime fumbled his hand in his pocket before pulling out his phone. "I always hear music playing faintly in the background when we play. Most commonly it's 'Quiet Motions'. By Mxmtoon, right?" He went to his Spotify and turned up the volume. The song played. They just stared at each other, not a word between the two.

Chiaki smiled. She felt a cough coming, but she tried holding it in. It was worthless. A bloodstained cherry blossom petal fell on her lap. Hajime's eyes widened.

"A f-flower petal? You coughed this up? Wait... that must mean.. Chiaki, do you have Hanahaki disease, by any chance?"

Chiaki felt embarrassed and ashamed. "Hajime, I... I have romantic feelings for you. I'm sorry. It's just.. You understand me. You are an amazing individual and I was so lucky to be able to meet you. I... I... I understand my feelings now. I... what's the word.. I-I love you, Hajime. And if you don't wanna talk to me ever again, that would be quite-"

"Oh, well, I had no idea. I can't say I don't reciprocate your feelings, but I don't know how I feel about you. I'm so, so sorry Chiaki."
"Please don't apologize..." Chiaki began to tear up but then smiled. "No 'sorry' is necessary.

"Even though I don't understand my own feelings very well yet, I do have affection for you in a way. And I want to be close to you." He held her hand gently and rubbed his thumb over hers. "I don't want to put a name on them, but I do have feelings for you. In some form. I know that's not enough to cure your disease, but..."

"You don't have to cure me. Just be here. Be here for me. Until the end, okay?"

"Okay, Chiaki"

"Promise?"

"Yeah."

As they listened to the song, they both drifted off to sleep. Chiaki laid on her back on a cot, and Hajime was sitting in a white chair next to it, his cheek resting on the cot and his hand still holding hers.

(there is no way im gonna continue this why is it so awful my god)