The light in the dark

_________
Mia

Well alone again. I just woke up, alone. I told him to wake me up, I wanted to go with him. Vinnie has been a lot at work lately and never wants to talk about things or takes a break from work. He wakes up early and comes home late, I barely see him. If I'm lucky he comes in time for dinner. At first it was perfect, we had all meals together, of course he was still going to work but you know he hung out with me, well that was the first week and a half, it's been almost a month not exactly since we started officially dating. I just need more attention from him and it really bothers me that I see that he's in a bad mood but I can't do anything because he won't talk to me about how he is.

Today I'm gonna meet his brother and grandma, and Vinnie is gone to pick them up from the airport, that's why I wanted him to wake me up. Well it's almost 11 so he must be on his way back with his family.

______

I'm making sure I'll smell better than normal. I'm showering with my favorite things, this shampoo literally smells like heaven.

___

Ok. I look pretty. I put jeans and a cute top with a beautiful cardigan, I think it's cute and my hair is curled. I put my favorite perfume and did my makeup, nothing too much because I don't want to seem like I'm trying too hard. I mean no one has to know right? I was putting my earrings on and some hands sneaked up my waist, I didn't hear him enter the room so I flinched "You're beautiful." Vinnie said looking at me through the mirror, I smiled and kissed him on the cheek "You look fine babe." I winked making him smirk "Come on I want to meet them." I pulled him by his hand and heard him chuckle.

We got downstairs and Vinnie had his hand resting on my waist. In the kitchen sat an old lady and a young man. He had resemblence to Vinnie. "Ma, this is Mia. Mia this is my grandmother, Priscilla." he introduced me to her, she smiled tightly "Oh so you're Mia." she stretched both of her hands open in my direction, I let go of Vinnie and took her hands, we kissed on both cheeks as greeting "You really are gorgeous." she said looking at me then at Vinnie smiling "Thank you, you look great ma'am." "Oh don't call me that, dear, call me grandma or ma" I smiled and nodded "So come on I want to get to know you." she motivated me to follow her "But Ma, Lunch is almost ready." Vinnie said and she stopped "Ah my Vinnie is always worried." she grabbed his cheek and he grimaced. She looked at Regnald and apologized "Oh I'm sorry I took you all to me, Mia. You didn't get the chance to know my reggie." "Hey" he stuck his hand out "Hi, nice to meet you."
I shook his hand "Now you can come with me." I smiled and started going to her direction but Vinnie stopped me "Careful, once you're dragged in a conversation it's complicated to get out." He warned me, I chuckled and nodded "Don't worry." I went to go but he pulled me by my arm with an demanding and needy expression, I smiled and kissed him "Bye bye." I said and he smirked. I started following Priscilla to the Garden.
"You know, you and my Vinnie remind me of his grandfather and me." she said "Really? How was he, if I may ask?" "Oh well, what a man. He made me feel safe and happy. Sometimes he made me feel like I was in the clouds" "In the clouds?" "Is when you feel happy, very happy, like you two are the only ones in the world." I smiled looking down and wondering, I don't think anyone has ever made me feel that way "What's wrong dear?" "Oh it's nothing, could you tell me more about him?" I smiled "Sure. So one day we were in Barcelona in one of his hotels, having fun, and we got to the restaurant we usually went to, so there was this little boy, he was scared and crying, he was searching for his parents, I remember Francisco going to the crying boy and bending over to him, he asked the boy if he was lost and the boy told him that he couldn't find his parents, well Francisco grabbed the boy's hand and we went to the hotel manager to contact his parents. While his parents were on their way, Francisco made the kid's day, he had bought him a little chocolate and played plane with him, I remember the kids giggles while they both swung around and how Francisco laughed at my grimaces," she sighed smiling "What I'd do to hear that laughter again."