My Destined Princess

Dear Princess,
You're beautiful. And I will always be the first to let you know that. Before any other man or woman in your life that will say I love you other than yourself will always be me.

You'll have the curliest of curls that no man or woman has ever seen. So big and beautiful that no one can compare.

I'll make sure your self esteem is always higher than the clouds, never below your feet. No matter what problems you go through, I'll always be there to pick you back up.

I hope that you're not like me as a child. I hope that you dream, and not on wishes, but to pray for beautiful things, flowers, dolls, princesses, fairies because I never did. I never had the chance like you will.

When you're young, I'll take you on camping trips. Just you and me. To show you the beauty of nature, the beauty that God gave us on this Earth.

I hope you love your natural hair, because babygirl it's beautiful no matter what. You'll have a bad hair day while I'm around.

I pray that we have an unbreakable bond, because I know my mother and I never saw eye to eye on any situation. I hope to go shopping, run errands, talk about your teenage problems, and school issues together.

I hope you don't let these young boys get to you. Let me tell you now honey, they're nothing but a thunderstorm full of trouble.

I'll make sure you'll be able to have plenty of friends. Slumber parties, bonfires, movie nights, you'll never miss one.

You're going to be so intelligent. If there's one thing I want you to inherit from me, it's my mindset towards education. I won't be harsh on the grades like most (doesn't mean you can fail), but I'll ask you daily, "What'd you learn today?", "Having trouble with anything?", "Need any help?" Because my mother or father never did that for me.

I hope you have a father in you're life, a good one at that. But if not, we'll be fine. Even if I'm working twice as hard, I'll make sure you'll never assume that I'm struggling. I will do whatever it takes for you to have the best childhood you could possibly have.

I hope you'll ask me a million questions. Your curiosity will adore me. Questions like "Why do stars only glisten at night?" Or "What are the 10 Commandments?"

I'll show you how a grown independent woman truly lives. How she makes money of her own on her own, how she takes care of her family and self, how she carries herself like a queen she knows she truly is.