Chapter 1 // To Be Forgotten

I walk onto the quiet bridge above the traintracks, where we always hangout. I'm early, per usual. I sit atop the railing.

...

It's rather quiet.

...

"Liz!" I hear Moxie shout running up, practically dragging Sam along.

"Hey Moxers!" I respond, waving the idiot and the idiot lover over. At least I know Sam doesn't hate dumbasses.

"Why do you have to be ever so slightly early to everything?" Moxie complains, acting as if she'd ran a marathon or something.

Sam leans over and whispers, "Don't mind her Liz, she's cranky," with a slight giggle as she climbs onto the bridges railing.

"Saaamm," Moxie groans, sitting on the railing too.

Of course it's never quiet when they're around. Not with the idiot!

...

Maybe with the idiot lover though.

"You hungry? You hungry girl?" I say to Moxie as if she's a dog.

"Liiizz..." Moxie groans.

I grab a bag of chips out of my bag and toss it.

"Go fetch girl, go fetch!" I shout, giggling afterwards.

"What the fuck!" Moxie yells.

.

..

...

"I am actually gonna grab that though," Moxie mutters, turning aroundand standing up to grab the chips

"Always knew you were a dog at heart," I joke.

"No such thing!" Moxie scoffs after grabbing the chips and sitting back up on the railing almost like she had just processed what I'd just told her.

"Don't try throwing the chips in the air and attempting to catch them with your mouth, love," Sam suggests, "You can't catch,"

Moxie sighs, "I know Sam I know..."

"Is she your parent or your lover?" I ask, chuckling the whole way.

"Lover," Moxie replies barely seconds after I finish as if she'd heard that a little too much.

"How many times have you heard that Mox?" I ask.

"17 times," Moxie responded, proceeding to devour the chips.

"See! You are a dog" I say, pointing my hands in Moxie's direction to show my evidence.

Sam looked at me like I was insulting her.

...

"I don't have the hots for dogs," Sam said, looking me dead in the eyes.

...

Oh.

Now I realize what that implies.

Oh shit.