Prologue Part Two

Prologue Part Two - New Orleans, 1864

New Orleans, Louisiana. The heat of the summer sun was blistering and humid as the sisters made their way through the blazing city. The wonderful French accents, the delicious food, and the class from everyone. It was quite the divine city. Gabrielle smiled to herself as she rode in the carriage, looking out of the small window. Elizabeth sat beside her as Victoria sat beside Elizabeth. The carriage slowly came to a stop.

"We have arrived." The man driving the carriage spoke, his voice slightly muffled from the wood of the carriage. He opened the door, helping the three sisters out of the carriage.

The streets of New Orleans were absolutely gorgeous. The wonderful colors radiated off of the buildings, and the beautiful flowers decorated the small patches of greenery. It was simply a divine city to be in. The man in the carriage smiled. "I will drop your things off at the hotel that's down the street." And with that, the man took off, leaving the girls to walk around the town.

As it was July in New Orleans, the weather was unbearably hot. Victoria sighed dramatically as they walked. "I'd never understand the appeal of living in the South." She said, moving her black hair out of her face. "It's always so...wet and hot."

"It's beautiful though," Elizabeth said, playing devil's advocate. "I think many people love the heat, truth be told."

Gabrielle rolled her eyes. "Let's enjoy our time here. It's not every day we get to go to such a lively city. Perhaps we'll even stay for a while."

The three women continued walking, checking out the many stores that were along Main Street. They had gone into an Apothecary, feeling the magic radiating from the place. It was a cute little shop, one that sold wolfsbane among other herbs and medicines. The three girls had walked out of the shop, having not bought anything simply because they were just looking. As they continued to walk along the streets of New Orleans, the three were so caught up in looking at the places around them that they didn't notice that someone was walking their way and therefore, causing Victoria to bump into a very hard post. She fell down with an "oof" escaping her mouth.

"Victoria, are you okay?" Elizabeth asked, looking at her older sister with concern.

Gabrielle turned away for a moment, unable to control the laughter that escaped her as she had watched the whole incident.

At that moment, two men approached the two of them. One with brown hair and brown eyes and the other with blue eyes and dirty-blonde hair. The brown-haired man went to Victoria's side, looking at her with concern. "Are you alright, mademoiselle?" His posh-sounding voice came out, offering his hand to the black-haired woman.

Victoria looked up at the man, suddenly quite breathless at his beauty. "Ah...yes, I'm alright." She spoke softly, her blue eyes looking into the man's brown eyes. She grabbed his hand, helping herself up.

The man smiled. "That's good to hear," He spoke, his voice kind. "And what may be your name?"

Victoria's face had a faint blush on it as she looked at the man in front of her. "Victoria. My name is Victoria Marine."

The man in front of her still had a smile on his face as he brought her hand up, placing a soft kiss on it. "It's lovely to meet you, Miss Victoria." He said. "I'm Elijah. Elijah Mikaelson. And next to me is my brother, Niklaus." Elijah stated, motioning to the dirty blonde man beside him.

Niklaus smiled before walking up to Gabrielle and Elizabeth, who both stood next to each other. The younger sister looked at Niklaus with a friendly smile. "And...who might you be, beautiful?" He said charmingly, looking at Gabrielle.