Chapter 4 | The First Surgery

chapter 4 | the first surgery

Today was the day she had her surgery, she was scared as hell. Dr. Heart was being quite mischievous too, all day she was asking "Are you ready for the surgery?" and saying "I can't wait!" ALL DAY, ALL DAY!! Indie's head kept repeating that one time Grey said "The first surgery is usually safe, but I heard there are chances you'll get killed then and there." That was what's making Indie worry. Grey isn't very good at comforting when it comes to life-death situations...

Indie had some time to herself, so she watched TV. She saw there was a terrible incident with a bus and a person, and that person was going to Heart Clinic. What a coincidence. Indie was hoping she got the see the patient because he looked really cool! Indie heard the name was Frankie or something, she forgets easily.

"Indie!!" Dr. Heart called out from the other room, the surgery room.

Indie felt a shiver down her spine, she sighed and walked to the other room. She couldn't believe how Dr. Heart was a surgeon. Indie has so many questions, why was xe called DR. Heart? How did xe manage to be a surgeon with xer evil antics? Why does xe even take hearts!? This was all so confusing to Indie.

"INDIE!" Dr. Heart called out again, snapping Indie out her overthinking.

"Oh— uhm— coming!!" Indie answered as she rushed to the surgery room.

"Finally, I've been waiting for a while now! I don't have that much patience you know." Dr. Heart said in sweet tone, but you can't sugarcoat the dark truth. Dr. Heart put on xer gloves and gave Indie a little head pat. "Why don't you just lay down and let the amnesia do the work? Now count down from ten.." Dr. Heart said as Indie hesitantly hopped on the table and slowly drifted to sleep.

Dr. Heart felt one ounce of pity for the girl, so xe let Indie live another day, but Dr. Heart had some plans for the next surgery.

Dr. Stump stopped by the surgery room a couple of times, and Dr. Heart always shooed him away and said "You have your own patient!" Dr. Stump always treated Dr. Heart as a friend, he would always call xer Heart until Dr. Heart pushed him into a puddle. Dr. Stump knew it was more than a one sided friendship, he knew Dr. Heart thought he was at least a friend! Or maybe he was just telling himself stuff to cope with his own problems..noooo, the other sentence sounds nicer...

After the surgery, Indie was still quite frightened. Indie knew that the second surgery could be her death, or the third one! Every surgery a patient to Dr. Heart got, the higher the chances are of dying.

"HOW WAS IT!?" Grey said, running towards Indie for a big hug. While Mars stood in the doorway, laughing to himself.

"I was fi—" then Indie got cut off by Dr. Heart.

"Feel free to take a look around the hospital, but use the crutches and keep a friend next to you in case of a disaster." Dr. Heart added before leaving, she was getting coffee with Dr. Stump.

All of the friends exchanged looks them shrugged.