7. Plans

Chapter 7

August ---- >>

Vanessa/Lani's P.O.V.

FLASHBACK

"Tell me you love me." He voices.

"I said it earlier." I laugh into the phone.

"I know, I just like to hear you say it." He chuckles. "Say it one more time baby." I roll my eyes.

"I love youuuuuu." I sing out.

"How much babe?"

"To infinity and beyond!" I chuckle. He smacks his lips.

"Your ass always ruins the moment."
He coughs loudly into the phone. The cough is raspy and makes a whistling sound. I sit up on my bed.

"You alright babe? Did you go to the doctor to see-"

"I'm fine." He snaps. "Don't worry about me, alright?"

"I am going to worry. You've been coughing a lot lately and missing school day after school day. You're not going to tell me that nothing's wrong."

"Please just drop it." He sighs.

"Whatever, I'm tired. I think I'm 'bout to crash."

"It's 6 o'clock though?" He asks more than states.

"And? What's your point?" I growl.

"Kehlani Vanessa Garcia, you betta' lose that damn attitude or I'll be at your house in 5 minutes to fix it for you." I stay silent. "You hear me?"

"Yeah, I hear you." I say clearing my throat.

"You got me?" He asks clearly.

"Yes... always." I mutter softly.

"You love me right?" He asks as I sigh.

"Yes. Since 8th grade."

"You damn right Lani. We've been together for 5 years. I got you and you got me. I want you to always know I love you if anything happens to me, alright?" I sit up on the bed.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Nothing. I just want you to know that," he says lowly. "I'm in love with you Kehlani Vanessa Garcia."

"I'm in love with you too."

"Wait, tell me you love me again." I roll my eyes, smiling like an idiot.

"I love you."

"How much?"

"Unconditionally."

-

"Vanessa?" I jump, completely oblivious that someone was in the kitchen.

"Oh, hey Justin." He wraps his arms around my waist and pecks my cheek.

"Why are you so jumpy?"

"I was thinking and you scared me." I say, turning the bacon in the pan.

"You sure you're alright?" I nod my head and give him a quick smile.

Of course I'm not going to tell him the truth... at least yet. It's none of anyone's damn business and I'm not an open book as you should know. I've always had this guard up since I was young and I'm too old now to drop it for some crush.