Chapter Two

I arrive at the mall half an hour earlier than planned. The anxiety of telling her is killing me. Like what if she makes a big deal, or if she says we can't be friends anymore she's pretty much the only friend I have now, or something else. My minds going a thousand miles an hour. While I wait for her to come I just pace around anxiously until I see her.

"Hey Jessica," I say shyly while looking around.

"Hey Max! How are you doing it's been awhile" as she runs up and hugs me.

"I'm okay but can I tell you something later?

"Sure why not."

I sure hope so I just have to tell someone and she seems very nice...but I dont have a 100% of how she'll react to this. We've talked a little about transgender people before. This is completely different on the other hand.

"Okay I can't wait anymore, promise that you won't raise your voice or be mad or say we can't be friends if I tell you this. You need to promise me okay."

"Max...you're kinda scaring me but I promise I won't do those things I mean how could it be."

"Okay then follow me it's not something I want everyone at the mall to know." Then I started walking to a isolated part of the mall and sit down on the bench with Jessica next to me.

"So um Jessica you know how we have talked about transgender people a little bit before."

"Yah I remember a little but what does that have to do with all this Max."

"Well keep your promise in mind as I explain okay."

"Um yah sure thing Max."

"Well the thing is I'm sorta trans myself," I said as quickly as possible.

After awhile and a long pause she said, "how are you trans were you like born a girl or something and now your a boy?"

Stunned I replied, "No not exactly I'll explain the best I can. I was born male but that never really fit me very well. It always seemed like I was trapped in someone else's body, and I tried to ignore it and make it go away by surrounded myself with real manly sports like wrestling but they just made the part I suppressed come out even harder. It made me so angry and mad and frustrated that I couldn't make it go away. I've done everything possible to change it and i just give up on suppressing that part of me. The truth is I loved that part of me after years of frustration and anger I was finally happy and to be honest I think I looked alright. But pretty much everyone I tell doesn't support me and they just end up hating me more not like they don't have reason to hate me I'm a freak."

"Max your not a freak. And if this is what makes you happy then who am I to tell you no."

"T-thanks Jessica," as I give her a big hug.

"Max there is no need to thank me. Okay. And I have a question, do you have any clothes for you being trans?"

"No. Not really but someday I will."

"Okay well we're at a mall and not to many people are gonna ask questions if I buy help you get some outfits so you can explore this more right." She insisted

"No I guess not if your right there." I said as I thought, I wish everyone was like her accepting and awesome.