CHAPTER 1

Hello and welcome! Thank you for giving my story a chance. Hope you enjoy it! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2023 Rhea Panu. All rights reserved.

This book is a work of fiction. Any names, characters, companies, organizations, places, events, locales, and incidents are either used in a fictitious manner or are fictional. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, actual companies or organizations, or actual events is purely coincidental.

For rights and permissions, please contact:

Rhea Panu

Cyprus

www.rhea-panu.com

info@rhea-panu.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

↑   Ksenia Sukhinova as Nikita   ↑

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nikita's day was intended to be routine. She had a key meeting with a new potential business partner for a large investment she had obtained. They were intended to meet later that week, but owing to an urgent personal problem, the angel investor had to travel home - which was in another state. When she received a call from Ryan, her personal assistant, saying that the investor wanted to reschedule the meeting for today, she asked her personal assistant to cancel all of the day's meetings and leave her afternoon open for Mr. Maximus Kendrick Drake. Nikita had two hours until the meeting, so she decided to go over the business plan for the eleventh time. She understood how crucial it was to impress this businessman and secure the investment, so she made sure everything was perfect.

She even gave Ryan precise instructions. The meeting room should be spotless by 17:00, with the computer turned on and the presentation on display. The paperwork she had prepared for Mr. Drake should be ready and waiting for him on the table. Her personal assistant should greet them at the building's door and accompany them to the meeting room, notifying her of their presence. Freshly baked snacks and afternoon tea would be provided promptly, followed by a premium quality three course supper at 19:30. Ryan should accompany her to the meeting to assist and take notes. She had planned all of the follow-up emails ahead of time, along with any additional information she could think of.

Nikita picked up the phone after confirming that everything was in order.

'Hello, Julie. May I talk to Anton or Alexei?'

'Oh sure, Ms. Thorne,' she replied swiftly. 'Anton, your mother is on the phone,' the nanny said to her eldest boy, and then she heard footsteps coming. Anton chuckled as he picked up the phone.

'You called, Mummy! When are you coming home?'. Nikita's heart was flooded with delight and happiness as she heard her son's excitement in his words and chuckle. Every trace of stress she had felt as a result of the meeting was vanished.

'I have a crucial meeting today, darling. Mummy will be a little late. I'll be home in time to read you a bedtime tale.' She could tell her son was disappointed by his negative response, so she added, 'Mummy will spend her afternoon with you tomorrow, OK? I'll take you to your favourite park, the one near the candy shop. Don't be sad, okay?'

'Only if you promise to buy me a lot of candy tomorrow,' Anton tried to make a deal. Such a clever boy he was.

'Only if you wish me luck,' she laughed heartily.

'Deal. Good luck, mummy!' Before she could speak with Alexei, she received word from her secretary that her visitors had arrived.

'I have to go, baby. I adore you'.

Nikita turned off her phone and looked at herself in the mirror. Her blue suit complemented her beautiful electric blue eyes and pure white complexion. Her outward appearance was that of a wealthy entrepreneur. She stepped out of her office and into the lift slowly.

Her heart rate increased as she entered the conference room. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think will happen once she enters the conference room? 

Do you like the story so far? What do you think of Nikita? 

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow for more stories. Since this is a free story, my motive for continuing is your support. 

Whimsically yours,

Rhea