Olivia, July 21

Okay. This is it. You're going to walk right into that gym with confidence. I mean, you're just as good as everyone here, right? The coach wouldn't have invited you to this camp if she didn't think you had potential, and it's only for a few days so it shouldn't be that bad. I shake my head as if to rid my mind of these nerve-racking thoughts and take a deep breath. Well, here goes nothing. I brace myself and step through the large double doors but I immediately regret it. In the middle of the huge room there are two large ball carts side by side. On each end of the gym there is one row of the bleachers pulled out for equipment and a place for the athletes to get ready. My heart starts racing as I look at my fellow camp-mates. Dozens of girls are there, all lean and heavily muscled. Some of them are warming up, others are lacing up there shoes or filling water bottles. But most of the girls are standing in a tight circle, excluding anyone other then those of their own group. A few of them glance in my direction but don't say anything. I nervously walk past them, trying not to direct any unwanted attention towards myself as I find a spot to prepare myself for camp. I see an empty corner near the far end of the gym and decide that it's probably my best bet. When I reach the secluded corner, I throw down my drawstring bag and start getting ready. As I'm slipping my shoes on, I notice that some of girls from the circle are looking at me and speaking in low, hushed voices. I can't exactly tell what they are saying but I have a feeling that it probably isn't good. There's been a lot of drama lately and I do not want to get caught up in that. Bad things happen when you get involved in that situation. I sigh and stand up, adjusting my basketball shorts, I better start getting warmed up. Even though the thought of those girls watching me makes me want to have a anxiety attack, there's no good use for a pulled muscle. I quickly try to make my way over to the ball cart a and grab one that looks relatively decent. Just as I'm about to begin I hear the coach blow the whistle. "Alright ladies," she says looking around at the outcome of girls who showed up. "We're going to have a good few days here at basketball camp. You're going to learn a lot and hopefully, by the time it's over, you all will have greatly improved. Now, before we get started there is someone I'd like you all to meet." My stomach drops as she gestures in my direction.