Chapter 1

"I'm running late for work fuck."

I'm never this late Kai is going to be furious it's the second time this week. Plus he already hates my guts but I have to keep this job or I'll never be able to make it as a writer.

My name is____ and I am 20 years old. I am an aspiring writer or so I was until now. I'm probably going to get fired from the only job I've ever had and the maybe my only opportunity to publish my book.

Kai is my boss. I am his personal aid, or modern day slave. Kai is the owner of WC Publishers Co. It has always been my dream to get published by them ever since I was a child, believe it or not, the first word I ever spoke was "book".

I've been working at WC Publishers CO. for 2 weeks now. It might not have been the job I wanted but I do see it as an opportunity to open future doors.

I live in a apartment with three other women Carol, Kimberly, and Amber which makes it a very chaotic morning and impossible to make it to work on time. Imagine four grown women playing tug of war with a blow dryer. It's practically a war zone. I grab my purse and my keys and yell goodbye as I walk out the door and into the streets of LA.

I think about the fit my boss will throw as soon as I walk into his office without an excuse for being late. I would find Kai attractive if it wasn't for his temper, and the way he insists I talk to him formally even though we are practically the same age.

I'm stuck in LA morning traffic until I finally reach WC Publishers Co. I am 2 hours late. I walk into the building and find my way into Kai's office.