3

two days had passed and jean had asked everyone if they saw you

two days had passed and jean had asked everyone if they saw you. each negative answer and shake of head left him more scared. he was even more scared cause he hadn't seen marco, either. 

everyone was collecting bodies of dead soldiers, but none had found you. you were still next to your older brother, holding his hand while yours shook from the fear. his hand was cold and he was way paler than he was two days ago.

you could still see some half eaten organs that made you vomit next to you for the past two days. the suffocating smell of your brother's rotten insides and body was stuck in your nostrils. and you were sure you smelled like vomit and rotting flesh.

jean stopped in his tracks when he saw that you were alive. alive next to your dead brother. his eyes moved from you to marco, realizing that both of you died. marco physically, but you mentally. 

"hey! get away from there! have you lost your mind, trainee?!" a woman said, making her way towards you.

you didn't raise your head. your eyes were stuck looking at marco's hand in yours. you didn't even know that jean was there.

"get up! there's no time to mourn your fallen comrades!!"

"he's her brother!!" jean said, looking at the woman.

"she was gone for two whole days. she was probably here all the time..." he added.

you couldn't answer any of the woman's questions. not because you didn't know. your voice just couldn't come out. when she appeared, you knew that your time with marco was over. you let go of his hand and slowly got up.

"marco... marco bodt" you weakly said, answering one of her questions.

tears were in your eyes, as you looked at him one last time. you didn't want to remember him in this state, but it was impossible.

the half body of your older brother would forever haunt you.