Chapter 22

"What?" I asked, I knew Ian was somewhere connected but I didn't think he would be the person to start everything.

"What did he do?" I asked and Liam stared ahead for a few seconds before he talked.

"When you were doing your project with your friend at his house, I got a call from Ian saying he wanted to meet me urgently. When we met, he said that you are cheating on me." He said with a venom-laced voice.

"And you believed him?" I asked him, he looked at me and said, "No, I didn't believe him. I punched him in his face for saying that but then he showed me some pictures of you and that guy kissing."

"What?" I was surprised.

"Yeah, and I got mad at that thing. But after a few hours, I figured out that the pictures were taken from the angle that it seemed like you both were kissing. I tried to call you and meet you, I tried everything. But it was too late, you were already gone." He said the last part in a whisper with a frown on his face.

"I am so sorry that I was not there with you. I am sorry Liam." I said as the tears started flowing through my eyes. Embracing me he kissed my forehead saying, "It's okay Ava."

"Why did he do it? He was our friend?" I asked, confused.

"He likes you, he liked you even before we met each other. And I knew it from the start, I promised him that he would get you but instead, I fell for you. I started loving you and it was so strong that it was hard to stay away from you. Then, one day Aiden told me that he likes me so I broke my promise to him. Since then he has been mad at me but doesn't do anything because you loved me." He took a pause and took a deep breath.

"He took those pictures and showed me which took me to the edge. After our break up when you left, I was with him. He filled my ears with things like I was not good for you, you always deserved better than me, I could harm you because of my anger, that he was a better man than me for you and much more. And I believed it, and I still do. That's the reason I never tried to connect with you." He finished

"Liam," I said and made him look at me.

"I loved you, I still love you and I will always love you. I am sorry to leave you and everything behind four years ago. I was stupid and angry and I reacted to my emotions. Liam, you are not perfect but you are perfect for me. I love you and you love me, nothing else should matter. It doesn't matter to me and it shouldn't matter to you too." I said with a small smile.

"What about Ian? He was my friend who liked you and I knew it. But I betrayed him and fell for you. Ava, I don't want him to think I betrayed him again." He said with tears and pain in his eyes.

"Liam, I never loved him and I can't love him ever. And as for the friend's betrayal, you paid the price by staying away from me for four years. Oaky, I will talk to Ian tomorrow. Because it's not your or Ian's decision to make, it's mine. And I have made my decision. I will talk to him." I said with a smile and gave him a peck on his lips.