4 | Introductions

I question how Kian and I became and remained friends more than I like to. It's not that I want to think about it every other day. It's simply the fact that he does things that really make me question on an almost day-to-day basis.

Like this morning. I'm sleeping the party off when the loudest alarm I've ever heard blares throughout my room. I shoot up in my bed, wide awake from the noise. I look around to see what's causing it when I notice an awake Kian laying directly beside me.

"Why the hell are you in my bed?" I ask, ripping the covers off of him.

"Because you're rude, and made me sleep on the couch," he yawns.

"Exactly. So, why aren't you on the couch?"

Kian ignores my grouchy state, his eyes closing again for a short moment before opening for good. He looks panicked, and sits up next to me. I stare at him, weirdly, wondering what's wrong with him. He pats around my bed to find nothing then moves off to look on the floor. A couple seconds later he makes a triumphant noise as he holds up his phone. It's what was making that terrible noise, and I wonder how Kian hadn't heard it, or know that it was coming from his phone.

"Why do you have an alarm that sounds like we're preparing for World War Three?" I groan, as I plop back down into my bed. It's not as comfortable as it was when I was sleeping.

"Cause I knew I'd need it. I have to do something, and I have a damn hangover," he complains.

I look at my beside table to see the clock read eight-thirty. I don't have any classes today, and I still managed to wake up early. Why'd I let Kian sleep over again?

"I can hear you trash talking me in your mind, now get up," he tugs the covers off my body as he gets up from the floor.

I curse him out in my head as I roll over, stuffing my face into one of my pillows. I didn't drink as much as Kian, but I'm still sporting a painful ass hangover. All these sudden movements aren't making it better. Neither is a best friend that's talking your ears off while trying to get you out of bed.

"Fenton, I have somewhere to be. Get your lazy ass up," Kian shouts, throwing anything he can reach at me.

"Did you forget where the front door is?" I ask, my voice mumbled by the pillow, "and stop throwing shit, unless you don't want me playing this season."

"You have to drive me idiot! I don't have my car, remember?"

That's right. Nyema took his car, I took him to class, and I took him here with me. His car is probably sitting pretty in a parking spot while its owner is begging me to get up. This day is starting wonderfully already.

I groan, loudly, to emphasize that I'll get up but not before letting Kian know that I really don't want to. He better keep that deal of buying me food. I should really up the days. All this chaperoning I'm doing, I think it's well fucking deserved.

"Where do you have to be, anyway? And why?" I ask, finally moving to sit up. I stretch while letting out a loud yawn.

"My cousin is moving here, and enrolling in our college. I'm helping him get settled in."

I move off my bed to grab some clothes because I reek of nasty, touchy, drunk people. No offense to Kian, but he's one of them. I throw some of my clothes his way because we're not going to repeat yesterday when he destroyed my entire closet. Which he'll be cleaning and fixing.

"You thought it was a good idea to get piss drunk the day before?" I question, without judgment.

"A guy thought he could multitask," he defends.