Chapter 4 - Pronouns

A little bit after the whole pride flag show down, Lottie assigned the class a all about me hoodie sheet.

Y/n and Bluey were sitting together, obviously. "My Dad's grass had ants in it again!" Bluey said with empathy.

"Again?! That's like the third time this year!" Y/n exclaimed. 

"I know!" Bluey and Y/n burst out laughing.

As Bluey was colouring in one of the sleeves she realised she needed some scissors to cut it out at the end. Right after, Y/n realised the same thing.

Bluey lined up to Lottie's desk and Y/n followed her.

"Hey Lottie- what's that badge?" Bluey said with confusion pointing to a she/her pronoun badge.

"Yeah what IS that?" Y/n continued after Bluey.

"Firstly, hey Bluey, hey Y/n." Lottie replied to Bluey and Y/n.

"Hey Lottie." Bluey snickered.

"Hey Lottie!" Y/n giggled.

"Thank you, that's my pronouns." 

"Ohhhh...." Y/n realised.

"What are pronouns?" Bluey asked.

"Well, I'll try to explain it very simply. What gender are you?"

"Girl." Bluey said.

"Girl/Boy/Other." Y/n said

"Do people call you he, she or something else."

"She." Bluey replied.

Y/n was to confused at this point and couldn't add anything.

"So when your are born a girl, people actually just call you she/her, when you are born a male people just cal, you he/him. AND if you were born another gender people call you they/them." Lottie said with confidence.

"Oh, and, I just want to let you know, pronouns don't always equal gender and you are the only person who has the right to chose your pronouns gender. You are the boss of you." Lottie added.

"Oh ok, thank you Lottie!" Bluey skipped away with Y/n following her.

Bluey turned back but Y/n skipped back to their table.

"Oh yeah, Lottie, I remember why I was here."

Y/n noticed Bluey at this point and looked at her with confusion which made Bluey giggled.

"Yeah, why is that?" Lottie smiled.

"Where are the scissors?" Bluey asked with a head tilt.

"Over there honey." Lottie pointed to a big tub full of markers, pencils, notepads, pens and scissors on the over side of the room.

"Thank you!" Bluey says as she skips to the tub.

Bluey grabbed to scissors, one for Bluey and one for Y/n.

...

...

...

"I am so blessed to have such an amazing, diverse, respectful class." Lottie whispered under her breathe.