Chapter 24

After a few hours later Morah ran up towards the palace, her eyes appearing to be a bit puffy and red from crying.

Kal was not with her.

Janner stood up and ran for the stables, Sara quickly followed.

"He probably blew it. He cursed.

They tacked and mounted their horses and galloped off in the direction of the beach.

As the grassy terrain became sand Sara spotted kal sitting on a log.

Janner rode up to him and slid out of his saddle.

Kalmar looked at him and he was overwhelmed with pity.  

His eyes were too red from crying and his curly hair a disheveled mess.

"What happened?" Sara said now beside him.

His brother mumbled something in a hushed tone.

"What?"

He sniffed and flatly said, "Shes engaged."

"Oh." It all made sense to him now, why she wasn't more open to his attempts to get them together, or why she had gloves on in the summer heat...

"I'm sorry Kal. It wasn't meant to be." Sara said giving his brother a pat on the shoulder.

He sniffed again "Yeah, but now it's going to be all awkward, and she's staying here for a week."

Janner sat down next to him on the log and gave him a nudge. "Hey, you're still friends."

"I guess so." Kal huffed.

_____________________________________________

I'm really sorry this chapter was so bad! I just had to mention this part before starting the next