Commando vs Rain

Monami tried to turn the music on to lighten the mood as the silence filled their jeep. As she touched the knob, she felt Karan's hand touch hers as he also tried to switch on the music. Their eyes met.

"तू हैं ये जग में रंग जैसे
रुत में हैं तरंग जैसे तू हैं तो, तू हैं तो....."

Romantic music filled the air. Monami blushed a little. Karan's eyes went back to the road ahead.

In a few minutes, it started to rain. Monami stretched her hand out of the window and felt the raindrops. The cool breeze waved her hair. She felt happy and content and at peace. She looked at Karan and at that instance, she felt safe too. She felt confident of being able to achieve her dreams. The road was taking her closer to her dreams. Karan was taking her closer to her dreams. The music continued to play.

"Yeh mausam ki baarish , Yeh baarish ka paani
Yeh paani ki boondein, Tujhe hi toh dhoondhe

Yeh milne ki khwahish, Yeh khwahish puraani
Ho poori tujhi se, Meri yeh kahaani"

"It's so perfect. I wish this trip never ends." Monami uttered suddenly.

"Excuse Me?" Karan squinted at Monami's words. "Kya kaha?"

"Tumne suna kya?" Monami didn't realise she had spoken those words out loud. "Woh .. woh..mausam achcha hai na... ye b-b-barish wala mausam. And mujhe rains mein khile khile fresh plants, dense trees and Rains mein long drive bahut pasand hai" Monami stammered.

Karan seemed unhappy. Monami wondered what did she say so wrong. "Ab commando ki life mein rains ya long drive pasand nahi kar sakte kya??" Monami asked Karan with a cute face.

Karan retorted, "Cadet Monami Mahajan, ek commando ki life mein Rains ka matlab ho sakta hai landslides, rescue mein rukawat, greenery and dense forest mein targets ko locate karne mein difficulty, hidden snakes, keechad , muddy hideouts etc etc."

"Okaaaay" Monami gulped and thought about Karan's words. She became quiet for a few seconds. Then she suddenly said, "But agar rescue fire se ho to Rain can be a life saver, agar peene ka paani na mile to rainwater can be used to save life. And rain means water and water is life" Monami said without even breathing.

Karan rolled his eyes. Monami continued,
"Karan, Jo cheez hamare control mein nahi hai uske liye stress lene ki jagah enjoy to kar sakte hain na."

Karan looked at her and rolled his eyes again.

"Special Agent Karan Shergill, Rains and long drive nahi , to kam se kam Rain + Chai to enjoy kar sakte hain. Please let's take a break. Kahin chai ki tapri pe rok do na. Please Please." Monami pleaded.

"Monami academy mein sab wait kar rahe honge. Baarish mein phas gaye to raat ho jayegi" Karan said.

Monami thought in her mind, "Aisa kuch nahi hoga Karan. Itni lucky kahan hoon main" Her face turned sad as she thought about it. Her dropped face melted Karan.

As soon as Karan stopped the car, Monami's eyes brightened, her mouth opened and she asked, "chai break?". Karan said with a straight face. "But don't get excited. Tumhe rest karna hai."

_______ TO BE CONTINUED________