Monami's journey continues

Monami was again standing back inside the tea stall, feeling silly about her dream. Karan was scolding her for trying to go out in the heavy rain.

"Monami tum khud ek doctor ho. Excitement mein precaution lena kaise bhool sakti ho. Wound ko dry rakhna hoga na. Baarish halki hone do phir chalenge. Pehle tumhe chai peeni thi, ab wapas jaane ki jaldi hai"

Monami thought to herself, "Monami, kya kar rahi thi? Agar khadoos Shergill ko idea bhi ho gaya na ki tere dimaag mein kya chal raha hai, to jis speed se tujhe laya hai na, usse double speed se u-turn le ke tujhe Mahajan House wapas chhod ke aayega." She felt embarrassed and went quiet.

"Ab kuchh bologi?" Karan was clearly upset
"Haan s.. s.. sorry, let's wait" Monami said while looking sad.
The moment Karan saw Monami's dropped face and hurt voice, he stopped speaking. He wondered if he spoke too harshly. He felt restless at this thought.

As soon as the rain became lighter again, he escorted Monami back to the car. Monami was still quiet. Karan looked at her and wondered if she is upset. He tried to talk to make her feel better. "Jaise tumhe academy pahunchne ki jaldi hai, I am sure Sid and Baaki sab tumhara wait kar rahe honge. They will be very happy to see you"

Monami gave a faint smile. She thought to herself. "Academy, mera kitna waqt se sapna tha. Meri manzil ek commando banna hai. Ye safar main akele shuru kiya tha, Sid ke support se. Aur ab itna aage aa ke mujhe peechche nahi jaana hai."

She looked at Karan and smiled. Karan looked relieved to see her smile. Karan didn't realise it but everytime Monami got upset, he became restless himself.

Karan looked again at the road ahead. Monami looked at Karan's face and got lost in his thoughts. Karan really came to take her back to the academy. Who would have thought Karan would do that for her ? His best cadet - he had said. He had praised her passion and dedication. Monami thought about all the good things he had said about her in last few days.

"Karan ke saath se ye safar thoda aasaan aur bohot khoobsoorat ho gaya hai. Uska saath achcha to hai , but wo meri commando banne tak ki journey ke liye hai. Uske baad kya hoga pata nahi. Agar meri manzil mein Karan ka saath hai to life shaayad bohot amazing hogi. But uska soch ke ye safar ko enjoy karna miss na kar doon main."

She saw Karan with a little smile but she wanted to see a bigger smile. So she cupped her palm outside the window, gathered a few raindrops and splashed them on Karan's face. Karan squinted at Monami. Monami giggled and said "Academy pahunch ke to tum trainer mode pe aa hi jaoge. Abhi to mere saath chill kar sakte ho". Monami's laughter made Karan smile wide.

"Achcha academy mein ye smile dekhni hogi to kya karna hoga." Monami asked.

"Madam bas rules follow kijiye, training and Practice schedules follow kijiye, mera face smile na kare, dil to pakka karega" Karan responded.

"Achcha, dil hai aapka?" Monami asked and then laughed loudly to hide her blush.

"Aap doctor hain , aap agli baar meri dhadkane check kar lijiyega." Karan said, shifting his eyes between the road and Monami's smiling face.

"Aap flirt kar rahe hain?" Monami was surprised.

"Excuse me??" Karan stared at Monami

Monami laughed again. Karan nodded his head and smiled at a happy Monami. He felt so relaxed.

Looking at Karan's beautiful smile, Monami started thinking "Manzil jaise ho, ye safar bohot khoobsoorat hai". Monami smiled and rested back her head, as they continued towards the academy.

________ THE END_____________