CHAPTER XXVI : IRIS

IT FEELS SO NICE TO HEAR YOUR VOICE.

THE IRIS IS A FLOWERING PLANT THAT REPRESENTS HOPE.

key
- trigger warnings!: none.

key- trigger warnings!: none

PRIDE PALACE, GREATER SMP.

**

AFTER WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY, you came to eret with ranboo and told him what's been happening with cosmo chasing you and callahan finding out your whereabouts. she looked at the both of you with high concern.

after a while of thought, eret tried to come to an agreement. "i think it's time we stop this manhunt cause it's really getting out of hand, y/n." she calmly explained her reasoning, the entire knighthood and defense of the kingdom at its weakest point due to being used on the manhunt. there's still border disputes and fugitive crime slowly increasing in some of the villages. it was only fair that you had to prove you were alive and well in someway, not only for the kingdom but for your own safety and to hopefully deter some people's insanity.

"you should call king. let him know that you're okay. but i'll leave that up to you." she offered, sliding her extra communicator towards you.

**

you sat at your bed and sighed, staring down at the communicator eret gave you. you contemplated for a while, attempting to come up with a different plan yet your hands chose for themselves, slowly picking up the communicator and hovering over king's number.

' here goes nothing. put it out of your misery. ' you pressed on the call button, holding the device to your ear.

you heard king's voice pick up within four rings.
[ you - normal
[ king - bolded

—#####—

" hello? "

" hey king. "

—#####—

king immediately shot up from his chair upon hearing your voice.

—#####—

" y/n? is that really you!? "

" mmhm. how are you doing? "

—#####—

his eyes widened, but his lips held a fascinated grin, feeling like he was getting drunk on your voice—something he nor anyone has done in a while.