CHAPTER 12

I found myself lying on a warm, soft bed. My head throbbed painfully, and every movement seemed to amplify the ache. It took a few moments for my surroundings to come into focus, and as the haze lifted, I realized that I was in a dimly lit room.

The room around me was cozy and bathed in a gentle, soothing light. The air was comfortably warm, and a sense of calm washed over me, replacing the fear and uncertainty that had gripped me earlier.

"Nasaan ako?"

As I took in my surroundings, I noticed the soft curtains gently swaying in a delicate breeze, and the gentle rustle of leaves outside added to the serene atmosphere. The room was adorned with warm colors and inviting decor, giving me a feeling of safety and comfort.

Tumayo ako at bubuksan sana ang pintuan ng may marinig akong boses ng lalaki.

"You're awake," a deep and manly voice interrupted my thoughts. Para akong kinuryente sa kaba.

"S-Sino ka? N-Nasaan ako?" halos mapiyok kung boses dahil sa kaba. Nakatalikod parin ako sa kanya, natatakot na humarap sa kanya.

Ngunit hindi sya sumagot.

I turned around slowly, my eyes meeting his. He stood there, tall and commanding, with an air of mystery that surrounded him. His dark hair framed his rugged face, and his eyes, a mesmerizing shade of deep brown, held a mix of concern and curiosity as they locked onto mine.

His presence was magnetic, and it felt as if time had momentarily frozen. The room's gentle light seemed to highlight the contours of his features, casting soft shadows that only added to his allure. My heart raced, partly from the lingering pain in my head and partly from the intensity of his gaze.

Nakakabaliw ang kanyang kapogian.

He took a step forward, his movements fluid and graceful. "Rosietta Solace Madrigal," his voice a soothing balm that eased my apprehension. Nagulat ako, bakit nya alam ang pangalan ko?

"S-Sino ka ba, bakit mo alam ang pangalan ko," I nervously asked.

Ngumiti ito. Pinasadahan ako ng tingin mula ulo hanggang paa.

"Hm? Solace? It means comfort in times of distress," he said, his gaze lingering on my face. "Interesting," he smirked.

Napatingin ako sa kanya, namumulat sa mga salitang binitiwan nya. "Pa-paano mo nalaman ang p-pangalan ko?"

His smile deepened, a secretive glint in his eyes. "Let's just say, connections?"

My heart raced, and I struggled to find words.

"Ah, questions that deserve answers," he mused, taking another step closer. "But eat first, Solace," his deep voice like it was a command.

The space between us was just a few inches. My cheeks turned red, nervous with each of his steps. I couldn't hide the electric surge with each glance he gave me.

Tuluyan nyang binuksan ang pintuan ayt lumabas. Naiwan akong tulala at hindi makapaniwala sa mga nangyayari.

He left the door ajar like he was expecting me to follow him. So I followed him downstairs.

Sa harap ko ay isang espasyo na puno ng mga halamang namumulaklak at nagbibigay-liwanag. May isang malapad na mesa sa gitna na puno ng mga pagkain, may mga prutas, tinapay, at mga kakanin na tila ba galing sa iba't ibang parte ng mundo.

"Are you going to watch me eat?" his brow arched. He gestured towards the table.

I took a hesitant step forward and gingerly sat down at the table, feeling a mixture of curiosity and caution. His watchful eyes never leaving me, as if assessing my every move. Ang lamig na humahaplos sa akin ay hindi lang dulot ng klima, kundi ng kakaibang aura ng kanyang presensya.