CHAPTER 17

🔞: This particular chapter contains mature content with (R-18 scenes), including sensitive themes such as rape and killing. Reader discretion is strongly advised.
______

There were deeper layers to this situation, mysteries that needed unraveling, and decisions that needed to be made.

Hindi ko alam kung saan ako tatakbo basta ang alam ko lang gusto kung lumayo.

Dinala ako ng mga paa ko sa ilog kung saan ako dinala ni Eli noong nagkasugutan rin kami ni Lianna.

Patuloy parin ang agos ng aking mga luha mula sa aking mata.

I stood by the riverside, bathed in the ethereal glow of the moonlight. The water before me shimmered, its surface a canvas of silver and black. The night was alive with a symphony of crickets and distant rustlings, creating a backdrop of serenity that contrasted sharply with the chaos within me.

Until now, I still hear the words Lianna uttered. Hoping that everything she said isn't true.

With a sigh, I traced my fingers along the water's surface, watching as ripples formed and dispersed. My heart was in turmoil, torn between longing for answers and the fear of what those answers might reveal.

Pero, paano kung totoo?

I looked at the other side of the river where many fireflies were fluttering about. Their delicate, twinkling lights seemed to mimic the thoughts that flickered through my mind – uncertain, fleeting, yet impossible to ignore. The gentle rustling of leaves in the night breeze accompanied my contemplation, a reminder that the world around me was still in motion, even as I grappled with the stillness within.

I stepped forward, leaving the safety of the riverbank behind. The cold touch of water seeped through the soles of my slippers as I waded through the shallows. Each step brought me closer to the other side, where the fireflies danced in the night, their tiny luminous bodies creating a mesmerizing spectacle.

The landscape on this side of the river was different – a dense thicket of trees and bushes that whispered secrets as the wind rustled through their leaves. I moved cautiously, my heart pounding in rhythm with the sounds of the night.

Amidst the sea of tall grass, a faint light caught my attention. My heart quickened as I approached cautiously, my breath held in anticipation. As I pushed aside the grass, the sight that greeted me was unexpected – a small bahay kubo, its bamboo walls and thatched roof bathed in the soft light.

I approached the humble dwelling, my curiosity mingling with a touch of trepidation.

With a tentative hand, I pushed the bamboo door open, revealing a cozy interior adorned with simple furnishings. The air was thick with the scent of wood and earth, and a feeling of nostalgia washed over me.

"Tao po?"

Ngunit walang sumagot?

"May tao po ba rito?" ulit ko pa.

"This is my comfort place" before I could process it fully, a voice, unmistakably Eli's, suddenly answered from behind me.

My heart raced, a mix of surprise and confusion.

"Eli?" I stammered, unable to hide the shock in my voice.

He stepped forward, "This place holds memories," he said softly. "The memories of those who seek solace and answers."

I looked at him with confusion. He sat down on a long bamboo bench. He patted the side of his seat as if telling me to sit beside him.

Umupo ako sa tabi nya.