His Assistant Pt 2 | Severus S.

H I S       A S S I S T A N T

Severus Snape x Female Reader

Request: @Chloelouise02

Summary: Pt 2 of Pt 1

Warnings: maybe some cussing idk

Word Count: 0.8K+

Severus POV:

WhatamIdoingWhatamIdoingwhatamIdoingwhat.am.I.doing!?

I wasn't sure if that was truly the only thought that I had at that moment or whether it was the only one I could consciously grasp, but either way - I was thankful for it.

Mind you, what did I just do? What kind of idiot goes up to and kisses the woman he's been in love with for over a decade (SPECIFICALLY!) when they are fighting? Who? Honestly?

Ah, there they are. The thoughts.

And now I've left them alone in potential danger with the dementors again! I-

Speeding along the edge of the lake I didn't even hear the faint calls of my name. Maybe I wouldn't have reacted even if I had.

And you know what else just made the moment absolutely perfect? The Weasley twins. Setting off a parade of firework that exploded in my wake. It probably looked impressive to any bystanders. But in that moment? I couldn't possibly care less.

...

It was the next day. Monday. I had never dreaded Mondays before. I did now.

She was already waiting in the classroom with the students, leaning casually against my desk and watching them chat, albeit warily due to her presence.

She seemed to have been staring at me even before I entered her view, her gaze piercing as always.

I couldn't read her. At all. But gosh, she's so beautiful.

The way her hair fell perfectly in the dim light, every candle adorning the complexion of her skin, her stance casual yet dignified. Perfect.

"Hullo, class", I drawled. It felt unfitted to the way I felt, but the last thing I planned on doing was showing my students how I felt. Especially Potter.

Potter...

It was a very strange sensation. The one that came over me seconds later. I felt guilty. Guilty for the Potter-boy. And I didn't like it. Not one bit.

I magicked the recipe for a simple protection potion onto the board and stood aside, not having the energy for much more.

"Severus. I have to talk to you", the familiar voice emerged from behind me, defiant but gentle.

"No need", I replied quietly, but she wasn't having it.

"Yes, need. I will dissaparate you out of here if you don't come to me after this class. Trust me." I trusted her. And she knew it.

Even Longbottom and Finnigan didn't mess this one up completely, although some results were questionable.

"I want an essay at least three pages long about what spells this potion can help against and how one can know. Also, bring Huggar Slime with you to the next lesson. Lots. Class dismissed." No one had dared make a sound at the amount of homework, but it was clear they were all thinking it. Everyone hated me anyway - why not make them hate me more?

The class cleared out quickly and I noticed the dread creeping up on me like an invisible tidal wave with ominous intent.

"Sev? Look at me. Please." My feet moved without my permission, and soon I was standing face to face with (y/n). The perfect woman. The opposite of me.

Her eyes were brighter than even the candle's light in the room, but they weren't trying to invade me anymore, they were simply observing.

"I... look, I like you, too. And I feel like a fuckin' high school student saying it, but it's the truth. Damnit, I love you. But you don't let me in, you don't even let me close, so it's up to you now. It always was. Also, I did practice a really good, really long monologue, but I've forgotten every single word within the past minute so you'll have have to do with this."

I don't know what my heart was doing. It felt like it was sinking, but at the same time rising like a hot air balloon, threatening to tug out of my chest or take me with it to rise above the clouds.

Like me? Love me? How?

And before I knew it my arms were wrapped around her and my face was in her hair and I was crying and she was laughing. Not laughing at me. Just laughing.

I love this woman so much.

I thought so many things in that moment I couldn't put them into words, but put it this way; the next class had to wait.

This moment was for us. For me and my assistant.

A/n:

I am so so so sorry this took so long I was super busy for this reason it is also unedited so sorry again. I appreciate every comment sososo much and thank you @Chloelouise02 for giving me requests :D