13 ➞ stress shopping

thirteen stress shopping

THERE WAS NOTHING I hated more than being mad at someone. It felt as tedious as trying to sew for the first time (I did not enjoy that.)

Yes, being mad at someone just meant holding a grudge, standing your ground, and keeping your distance, but sometimes it was hard. Especially when the person you were meant to be mad at was...well, Robby Keene.

Robby and I were just staring to rekindle our relationship, and it got ruined, again. Not quite though, since he sent me texts I of course neglected to respond to. And it wasn't even my concern. I honestly didn't know why I got mad at him, especially considering Miguel was the one making those stupid remarks. So, I decided, I can't stay mad at him forever, even if he was being a bit of an asshole.

But I believed forgiving someone nearly right away is nonsense, so I waited a little, waited for the right time to shoot him a text.

By the time I regretted my actions, practically everyone involved knew what happened, which was nonetheless very embarrassing. Sheesh.

Sam
Eudoria? I heard what happened
between Robby and Miguel, are you
good?

eudoria
yes sam, i am, thank you for your concern

Now imagine getting that text from everyone you know, over and over and over. Well, from almost everybody.

Hawk
yo heard what happened, W for
you honestly, robby needed to hear it

eudoria
not sure if you got the full picture,
i was angry at both miguel and robby,
thanks anyway

But anyway, the only one sensitive to my feelings was Moon, so I set up a separate meeting with her at the mall's coffee shop. We used to go there to study occasionally, that is, when we felt like studying. We didn't go at all this summer so we felt it would be good to blow some steam off.

"You have every right to be angry," Moon reassured me, taking a sip of her latte.

"I know, but every time I think about Robby, I feel a pang of regret."

"Not Miguel?"

"Not Miguel. I don't know why."

She nodded, moving her paper straw around (she insisted for us to use paper straws to save the environment) before placing her cup down in thought. "Why don't you talk to him, then. It would help."

"Because I feel guilty crawling back to him after such a short time," I sighed, drumming bails on the wooden table. "I just...I don't even know. He's texted me a couple times, saying that he's sorry and he doesn't want me to be mad, and I just feel selfish and childish."

"Breathe, girl," Moon placed a hand on mine. "Everything's going to turn out fine. Even if you run from Robby, he'll catch up to you."

"Robby's got a lot going on, I'm just making his life even worse, Moon," I replied exasperated. "I'm giving him more things to worry about, and he has far too many burdens to carry."

"But I thought you just wanted to be friends again?"

"I honestly don't care about Kenny, or Tory, or anything else, but he does. He does and he has those weights on his chest. I mean, Tory broke up with him, Kenny's completely off track. He feels guilty about that, Moon."

She nodded in understanding, like she always did. "Talk to him tonight, Eudoria. I'm sure he feels guilty too, and I'm sure he wants to." She said the last part in a suggestive tone, and I cringed.

"What did he say exactly?" she asked me.

"He apologized a few times," I responded, massaging my forehead. "But I should be the one apologizing. I think I might reply tonight."

"'Kay, good on you, but what about Miguel? He's your friend too," Moon questioned, taking another sip from her drink. I considered her question for a moment, taking a bite out of the eclair I was eating.

"Maybe I'll text him too. He never apologized, cause he's probably angry and he's also going through a lot. I don't think he's ready right now, though. Maybe I should get Robby out of the way first."

"You should," Moon agreed. "Wanna go shopping to get your mind off it?"

I nodded, finishing the last bite of my eclair. She smiled at my response and took her latte to go.

I am glad to say that shopping made me feel a lot better. I picked out some new cute pjs since I was running low, and also a few shirts and shorts for the summer. Moon knew exactly how to cheer me up every time, and I was shocked every time. How did she do it?

RIING! RIING! Moon's phone buzzed as we carried our shopping bags out of Zara. She answered the call.

"Hello? What's up, babe?"

Silence.

"Oh, okay. Yeah I'll let her know." That was followed with a laugh.

"Bye, love you!" The call ended.

"Hawk, I'm guessing?" I said with a smirk.

"Mhm," she replied happily. "The call was about you, actually. Miguel wanted to talk to you in front of Miyagi-Do."

I was confused. "If he really wanted to why wouldn't he just tell me himself?"

She shrugged, stuffing her phone into her pocket. "Maybe he's afraid of what you'll say to him. Either way, he wants you there in an hour, so chop chop babe! Let's go home!"