We Wait

All morning since I had got back to the apartment, I've been silent other than a few words to Kylan. My mind was heavy.

I wished I would've done more damage in Wal-Mart but, i know i dont need to mess up my record. I need to stay low and make my moves that way.

But, I needed permission to make this move and I was anxious to get to the office to ask it.

I pulled on a pair of boyfriend jeans, a white crop top and a pair of converse and then rushed to put Kylan into her dress as I watched DQ stare at me awkwardly.

"What?" I asked him breakung him from his trance he had on me.

"Huh?"

"You've been staring at me for like 5 minutes. Why?" I asked as i finished packing Ky's bag. Janice's and Sway's daughter, Joy, begged for them to spend the weekend together so, we were gonna drop her to the park with Janice and get to work.

"What's on your mind?" I looked up shocked. Even though I wasn't speaking much, it's not like i speak alot anyways so, I'm not sure what gave it away.

I looked at him for a second and blinked. "Nothing, I'm fine."

He mumbled under his breath as he walked away from the doorway shaking his head.

I mentally rolled my eyes as I finished getting Ky ready.

After I finished brushing her hair into a bun she jumped up from my lap and ran to DQ. She had grown very fond of him since he decided to help us out. It was sweet, he and Sway acted as father figures for her, something I never had.

"DQ, Im gonna miss you while I'm at Uncle Sway's house," Ky smiled as she hugged his neck.

"I'm gonna miss you more, Princess." He kissed her on the cheek before looking up to find me admiring their bond.

He smiled a small smile as he exited the apartment waiting for me to follow. I walked behind him absent mindedly with a troubled look on my face. When he turned around to lock the door, I didnt have time to change my facical expression and he saw it. He stared at me while locking the door and I knew after we dropped Ky off he was going to be up my ass.

We rode the whole way in silence except the occasional questions Kylan asked.

We got to the park in 10 minutes and as soon as the car came to a stop, Ky jumped out and ran to Joy. Janice met us at the car with a smile on her face, one I tried to mimicked.

"If Ky gives you any trouble just call me and I'll come get her."

"Oh no need child. I can handle this. Besides, I can tell both of you need a little break."

Everyone cracked a smile except me. My mind was on the damage I was going to cause on this break.

"Alright, Aunt Janice. I'll see you later."

"Ok you two. Dont get in any trouble. Be safe."

"We'll try," I spoke quickly to end the conversation. I rolled up my window and proceeded to look ahead through the windshield trying to avoid Daquan's stare.

He put the car in drive and got on the highway without saying anything to me. I relaxed a little in my seat thinking that he wasnt going to question me. But as soon as I got comfortable, he began his "rant."

"Okay cut the bullshit. What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Nothing, I'm fine. Why would you ask me that," I questioned trying to turn it back on him.

He took a deep breath and glared at me from the corner of his eye while still trying to watch the road. "You may think I dont pay attention to little shit like your facial expression and your attitude but I do. And I know something must've went down this morning while you were out so what happened?"