Wake up, Timmy!

Kayla opened her eyes and saw through the window that the only light was that of the bright silver disc of the moon. It was the night just before Christmas day, and it was snowing heavily. She was worried that Santa's sleigh and his reindeers may have trouble ploughing through the blizzard and may not have time enough to distribute all the presents to all the children! Maybe that was the reason Santa had not come to her family's humble little house in some past years.
Eight year-old Kaylah and her little brother Timmy, was a couple of years younger, lived with their parents, and had a few goats, on the mountain slope, a little higher than the village in the valley, where their parents sold the goat cheeses they made.
Very quietly, Kayla slipped out of the children's bed, separated from their parents' s bed by a hanging sheet. "Timmy!", she whispered. "Timmy, wake up!", while shaking his shoulder very quietly. She did not want the parents to wake up.
The children silently put on their boots and snow coats and walked out. The moon was bright enough for them to find their way on the slope that they knew so well, they could tread it with their eyes closed. A good thing, too, in that blizzard!
There was a train station in the village, where they could shelter while keeping an eye out for Santa and his reindeers. So maybe this year they would be able to go home with a little toy,maybe a new dress for the stuffed dolly Kayla's mum had made for her, or a bit of paint for little Timmy's wooden locomotive that their dad had made for him.