The Encounter

It was a bone-chilling winter and a little boy, seemingly at the age of 4, was running for his life as he was chased by three hungry dogs.

 They chased the young boy until he couldn't even feel his legs, only his adrenaline kept him going.

After  running for what seemed to be an eternity, he hid in an alley in the dark hoping to find solace but unfortunately he was still caught by those dogs.

Suddenly the dogs started to cry and whimper. "A-ying?" Said a man draped in purple robes, he was the one who made the dogs cry as he chased them away

"Ho-how do you know A-yings name?" The child, wei ying, asked suspiciously.

 "I was a friend of your parents'' said the man in purple in a comforting manner

 "my name is Jiang Fengmain and I'm the sect leader of yunmeng jiang and I was wondering if you would want to come with me"  asked jiang Fengmain sweetly almost as if he was trying to lure wei ying through his sugary words

but wei ying didn't trust nor believe him. It was not the first time someone tried to lure him in with some type of tactic! 

The young child said in a shaky voice 
" I don't want to c-" Wei Ying got cut off by Jiang Fengmain rudely.

"Why not A-ying? You can get anything you want! food,water,new clothes, a warm and comfortable bed" Fengmain tried to persuade him in a slightly annoyed tone. 

Wei ying has been on the streets for a long time, he was able to pick up the smallest shift in a person's tone, hearing the man speak like this made a-ying whimper softly iuiand tried to back away.

"N-No A-ying R-re-refuses-"  He got cut off again as jiang FengMain 
grabbed his arm and pulled him with him to an inn, no matter how much Wei ying tried to struggle his scrawny malnourished body didn't have the muscle capacity to even bear the man's tight grip. His arm bruised painfully.

 When they reached the inn Jiang Fengmain paid for a night and dragged him up the stairs, as soon as they reached the room Jiang Fengmain pushed wei ying on the bed 

  " listen here I'll take you with me to yunmeng if you like it or not I promised your parents to take care of you" the man claimed with vigor 

But little did wei ying know that this was a lie. The next morning wei ying woke up only to see that the man was still sleeping, so wei ying thought of a way to sneak out only to see that the man held his wrist in a tight grip so that he couldn't even try to run away.

Wei ying tried to loosen his grip, while he was trying to loos the grip the elder noticed and tighten his grip on the childs wrist  that it hurts the little child so much, that he was already on the edge of tears. After a few seconds on trying he soundlessly went back to a comfortable position and acts like he is in a deep sleep but stays up in caution because back in the streets he learned his lessons the hard way and barely escaped. He thanked the wild dogs for that.

People say that life gives us many valuable lessons. He knows it's true because in his short four years of life span he got to learn many things the other kids of his age don't have to know. He has to grow up fast. He has to survive. Fate must be too cruel to him but he learns new things every day. He doesn't have anywhere to go. He already knew how to read when he was two, thanks to his parents and he knows he is an intelligent kid. He is very observant and likes to invent new things. But he is just a street rat in people's  eyes. He isn't worth books. A very kind hearted soul. He always has a bright smile on his face because there must be someone with a more miserable life than him. He always  thinks positively. Because he hasn't broken a promise after making one.

He can only hope people are not cruel in this place called lotus pier. He wants to see the pretty gege who gave him his first gift 'A rattle drum.'

Next Morning 

After traveling to Yunmeng, they reached lotus pier shortly after arriving and the first thing he hears was barking and an Angry woman screaming at someone so wei ying hides behind jiang Fengmain to avoid attention, Unfortunately the woman still saw him and yelled" SO YOU FOUND THAT SON OF A SERVANT" Wei Ying flinched as he heard her screaming and calling him a son of a servant. "SAN-NIÁNG!! YOU KNOW I PROMISED CHENGZE TO TAKE CARE OF HIS SON!, AND DON'T CALL HIM SON OF A SERVANT" While the two adults were screaming at each other, Wei Ying noticed two other children, a girl and a boy, the girl is probably a few years older than him and looked very friendly while the boy around the same age as him looked like an Angry grape.
Wei Ying guessed that they are the children of Jiang Fengmain and the women. 
 Wei ying slowly walked towards them and greeted them with a bow and introduced himself "this one greets young maiden jiang and young master jiang, my name is wei ying", as soon as they heard the name of "wei ying" the friendly aura of the girl disappeared and the boy looked even Angrier. 
Wei Ying was confused because he didn't know what he did, that they both looked at him with disgust and anger.

So wei ying decided not to ask, and drowned in his thoughts, while he was in his thoughts jiang cheng decided to say something "listen here, Try to steal our father or our heirship and We make you life a living hell" while jiang cheng was talking jiang yanli just nodded and added "we won't only make you life a living hell but we will also feed you to our dogs" at the mention of dogs wei ying flinched, which didn't go unnoticed by jiang cheng and jiang yanli, as they saw that, they smirked at each other, already planning somethings that is gonna make wei ying life a living hell