7. Lies

It's been a month since Draco kidnapped me, and I didn't want anyone looking for me anymore.

I now want to live at Draco's house eternally...Although his residence was where I was confined, it turned out to be the place where I felt the safest and happiest.

Furthermore, my intimacy with Draco grew more and more...We spend a lot of time doing different things together, whether reading, watching TV, shopping, doing chores, cooking together, picnicking under the red oak tree, or playing board games. Draco frequently shared his secrets and childhood memories with me. Draco always spoils me. In addition, he no longer locks my room from the outside, and he now allows me to walk to any part of the house whenever I want.

...Aside from our growing intimacy, I was falling more and more in love with him...

"So starving," I murmured to myself, pulling a strap of my nightgown which had fallen to my arm back to my shoulder as before.

It's 10:30 a.m. now, I just awoke 15 minutes ago.

"Where is Draco?"I asked myself, walking down the stairs.

Draco slept in the same bed as me every night, and I was the one who got up before him every morning, but this morning he woke up before me, and he didn't bring food to eat in the bedroom with me like he did every day, so I wondered if he woke up early to do something special.

I strolled down the stairs calmly while humming, but when I arrived downstairs, I could hear people talking and laughing.

The sound of people talking and laughing came from the living room, and I'm sure there were more than two.

I quickened my pace to get to the living room as soon as possible.

Who?

Who came to see Draco at home?

I'm hoping it's not someone looking for me.

It only took me about 2-3 minutes to get to the front of the living room, but once there, I had to take a few steps back to avoid being seen by people in the living room.

There were four people in the living room; the only one I knew was Draco, but I didn't know the other two men and one woman.

I'm sure these three strangers were Draco's friends, and I'm also sure they were the reason Draco woke up earlier than usual today.

"Well..."I inhaled deeply and stuck my head slightly out the wall to peer inside the living room.

Draco sat in an armchair near the fireplace with his arms and legs crossed...He was no longer wearing a hoodie and sweatpants; he was dressed as formally as he always is, and his blonde hair was perfectly coiffed.

Three of his friends were seated on the long sofa...One of his friends was a black man with black hair, and the person next to him was a beautiful white woman with short raven hair, and the person next to her was a white man with wavy chestnut brown hair.

"Why are--Oh!"I let out a soft exclamation and took a quick step back to hide.

I made unintentional eye contact with a brown-haired white man who was suddenly looking at where I was standing.

I didn't mean to let any of Draco's friends see me since I knew it would be a problem for Draco, but that man suddenly looked in my direction and I couldn't hide from his gaze in time.

And now I need to get out of here as soon as possible.

"Ah!"I let out a soft scream because someone grabbed my wrist as I turned around and was going to leave.