An Examination

OS for sweety  Melancholic_Monody  Hope you like it.

The room was glowing by the moonlight filtering through the curtains. The soft breeze rustled the leaves, producing a gentle lullaby. Karn was in deep peaceful slumber.It's been quite a while of his beauty sleep when the lines on his forehead resurfaced due to disturbance in his sleep, a murmuring sound.

Thinking he might be hallucinating due to hectic day, karn took a pillow and turned his face the other side. still no use. The murmuring continued. With great difficulty he opened his eyes and searched for the source of the sound.

Draupadi was wide awake, sleep miles and miles away surrounded by books. Today karn has to manage to sleep in the small portion almost near the edge of the bed, while the rest of the space is occupied with books. 

Until and unless one doesn't spread the books on the bed, you can't get the feeling of studying.

"Here I am panicking like hell and there he is sleeping like a log", draupadi murmurs while biting her nails and flipping the pages.

"What are you murmuring at this hour of time panchali?". karn asked half sleepy voice.

"Reading mantras so that my teacher forgets about the exam tomorrow. Cant you see I am revising for tomorrow's exam", irritation and tension written all over her face.

"Let me correct you, the term is called mugging up not revising""How dare you say that?"

"Its simple my dear wife, when you don't study the entire course duration and then try to cover the syllabus in a night before exam, his is what happens",  karn gave an innocent cheeky grin."No.. nah..aahh.. its nothing like that. I have studied the entire course duration.",  draupadi tried to control her stutter.

"Ohh.. is it so the why are you so tensed? Also its very important to have a good sleep a night before your exam. Relax. If you have paid good attention in class, learned and understood you subjects well , you don't need to worry"

"How can I pay attention in class when all my attention was towards my you. Its not my fault when my teacher is so handsome", draupadi murmured."I heard that panchali", karn said with his eyebrow raised, draupadi's cheek went pink.

"Whatever...Its just because of teacher like you that we students have to go through all this. Poor students. Do you know how much its still left for me to revise. Five more books. Mein nanhi si jaan aur mere guru ne kar rakha hai mujhe pareshaan"

"Have you ever studied soo much? have you ever seen soo many books? Forget that... You know I started learning from one end and then keep forgetting the other.... And OMG on top of all this I  have you as my examiner ........"

Draupadi ranted on and on while karn was listening to her keenly. Sometimes its just important to listen to the one in need.

"You are such a khadoos strict teacher. Even God doesn't know I which sacred hour of time I opted this course""Is it so?? In that case I will be the one checking your exam sheet",karn flashed a beautiful toothy grin.

"Ohh common praannath how can you do this to your wife", draupadi made an innocent face."This wont work on me nath ke praan. Now quickly wrap this up and have some sleep. Even I need my beauty sleep", karn yawned.

"Don't yawn, its contagious.", draupadi chided as shifted her concentration back to her books.No matter what she has to learn and score well, else karn wont take her to honeymoon. Such a slicky tricky husband.

Well they both know that they have feeling for each other but karn hasn't confessed to her yet. He wanted her to prioritize her education and learning first. She ain't just his wife but also queen of anga and he doesn't want anyone to raise question her holding the power. Draupadi knows all this well.

"But exams are so tough, at least for her", draupadi pouted as she flipped the pages.

Its been only a while that she started to concentrate on her books that the periphery of her eye caught the sight of her handsome husband sleepy peacefully and his body glowing in moonlight, making him even more handsome.

Her trance broke when karn turned around the pillow landed on one of her books."Ohh God , don't know for how long I have been staring him"

"Not staring but drooling over him", her brain immediately corrected."She can do anything she want. He is her husband", her heart retorted back within a fraction of second.

Draupadi collected her books and moved to another nearby study room. After sometime karn came in to check upon his overnight studious wife. And there she was snoring with book covering half her face.Karn nodded his face in disbelief. He placed all the books back and picked her up and brought her in their room. How can he sleep peacefully when his wife is burning midnight oil.

"You are my lovely dear wife but still I wont be lenient with you in examination.  All the best", karn chuckled as he tucked her in the bed. Draupadi grabbed his pillow in sleep before he could do so, karn looked at her grumply. Draupadi smiled in sleep, God knows why.