Romeo and Sage Harper

Valentine

Things were getting weirder by the minute with everyone. Besides Ma's theory about the babies, the girls acted stranger than usual. I chalked it up to hormones.

My brothers crashed at my house the night before Romeo's wedding. Romeo explained his new career choice and Sage's reaction to it. Romeo's idea made sense. Sage's opinion didn't.

I had to wonder if my ma was right about everything. It would explain Sage's attitude because she usually supported Romeo.

The following day, we arrived at the church on time and took our places. Dad threatened Oliver with bodily harm if Oliver cracked jokes about Romeo. Owen agreed with Dad, and so did everyone else.

*******
Romeo

I didn't wear a traditional tuxedo for my wedding. Instead, I opted for black dress pants and a soft shirt. It was less irritation against my skin. I stood at the front with my brothers and waited for my bride.

The bridal party approached the front, with Ryker and Sage appearing at the back of the church. Ryker led Sage toward me as my breath caught in my throat. Sage was radiant in her wedding dress.

With each step, my heart thundered in my chest. Ryker and Sage reached the front.

"Who gives this woman to this man?" Oliver asked.

"I do," Ryker said. Then he turned to me. "I'm entrusting you with my granddaughter. Love her."

"Always and forever," I said.

Ryker nodded, kissed Sage's cheek, and took his seat.

I held my hand out. Sage took it. I helped her up to stand beside me.

"We gather today to unite people who deserve happiness. Romeo and Sage have shown what it's like to love a broken person. They fought for each other and supported each other. With a love like theirs, it shows us unfathomable faith and resilience. Romeo and Sage would like to say something," Oliver said.

I took Sage's hands in mine, took a deep breath, and spoke. "I spent years avoiding others, hoping not to let anyone near my heart. Then I met this feisty redhead that gave me a run for my money."

Everyone laughed.

"This girl paid me for a date, which was terrible. But I offered a better date and refunded her money to her. It wasn't right to take money when the girl captured my heart."

"Aww," everyone said.

I shook my head. "I'm so glad you hired me for a date, Sage. I will love you forever."

Sage cleared her throat and wiped her tears with one hand. "I don't know if I can top that. But I'll give it a good college try. I never thought anyone would love me because of my bipolar. I was hoping, but the guys kept dashing my dreams. Then I took a chance with your dating site. You shocked me when you appeared as my date. But I don't regret it. I will love you forever."

"Romeo and Sage have declared their love before family and friends. They have proven couples can endure anything and survive. Today, we celebrate with them." Oliver had us repeat after him.

After exchanging our vows, Oliver pronounced us husband and wife. I stepped toward my wife, licked my lips, and captured her lips in a sweet kiss. Sage didn't hesitate to kiss me back. The church erupted in applause and whistles.

We broke from our kiss and turned to everyone.

"We have an announcement. Sage is pregnant with a boy. We wanted to honor our families and named him Ryan Nathaniel Harper," I said.