lover

THE GOLDEN LIGHTS on the christmas tree dazzled in your eyes as you sat beside her.

taylor watched you laugh about something you'd just said to her, though, she was far too captivated by your beauty to pay enough mind.
your smile was vibrant and homely, making her own lips crease a bit as she leaned forward with a fit of giggle to match yours, intertwining your hands.

"yeah." tay said in response to whatever you were telling her but she couldn't help letting her gaze drift from your eyes down to your lips instead, a blush flushing to your cheeks when you noticed.

"babe," you tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear delicately, "are you listening?"

she nodded with instinct though the look on her face gave away her lie. you only grinned wider, that laugh of yours that she loved so dearly falling from your lips like honey.

"what? i can't help it, you're so pretty." she complimented, her voice raspy and sweet.

and though you'd received many many other compliments from her before, it still made your stomach all fluttery. as your eyes locked on hers, she couldn't help but feel like she knew you inside and out, for all her life, leaning forward to press a soft kiss to your lips.

you smiled, moving your lips slowly on hers as she hummed, deepening the kiss.

but the way her heart was pumping, taylor thought, made it like she'd only known you for a span of 20 seconds, that feeling of fresh love, fleeting adrenaline still lingering as her hand cupped your jaw.

you pulled away from the kiss for a moment when your lungs were practically begging for air, your soft but rapid breath matching the heaving of her chest.
taylor watched as your eyes lit up at something behind her and when she turned around, there it sat, snow outside the window, glistening in its slow, falling pattern.

before you and taylor knew it you were dressed in tons of layers, flannels on top of shirts and jackets on top of flannels. she pulled a beanie slightly crooked over your head, a laugh escaping your throat as you adjusted it.

"you better catch me if i slip!" taylor's voice echoed out into the city night but her words were for you only.

both your cheeks and noses were flushed and not only because of the love that radiated between one another, rather the cold weather having its affect, too.

"of course!" you laughed in an inevitable reply, her hand holding onto yours tightly as you made your way down the icy pavement.
taylor's eyes glistened as she tilted her head up, sticking her tongue out as the snow began to come down in bigger flakes. whilst watching her, you started to wonder how you could love someone so much, because every time you thought about how much you loved taylor, it made you want to puke.

in the good way.

it was a feeling of all this love, overwhelming love, and you weren't always completely sure on how to express it.

taylor was always willing to help with that. that's why you were out in the snow now, because she had seen how excited you got and knew that you two had to go out to play in it right then and there, no questions asked.

she knew you, willingly. she truly listened to what you had to say even if she got lost in the dazzling haze of your presence, at times. you could recognize her laugh from miles away and waking up beside her every day was something you knew would always be there.

taylor spun you around easily due to the ice beneath your feet, you slipped forward in an instant but she caught you, her arms rushing to grab onto you. she laughed, helping you stand straight as you both shoe-skated your way over to a less icy part of the pavement.