snow on the beach

THE MORNING WAS GRAY, but not in a glum way. the cloudy sky casted into the room and created a calming atmosphere as you lay, soft limbed and tangled in warm bed sheets

"i love you.." taylor muttered, ghostly, like you almost wouldn't have heard the words if not for being right under her, running your fingers through her wispy, blonde hair. she was finally back prior to an awfully long flight and waking up to her after so many weeks apart made you feel like you were dreaming her up for a moment.

  you leaned foward, delicately pressing your lips to hers and she reluctantly gave in, pulling you closer to her in efforts to deepen the kiss. you lungs burned and your chest was heaving as you pulled away after a few long seconds, your faces still inches away.

"i love you, too." you smiled, feeling suddenly shy as taylor gave you a sarcastic but obvious look of 'i know.'

she dipped her head down, littering gentle kisses on your neck and jawline, you hummed, leaning your head back for more exposure. in the process your eyes caught sight of the window, or more so, what was outside of it. of course, there lay the beautiful sight of the foggy beach as usual, but what was falling from the sky was far more capturing.

  "taylor." you whispered, her name falling from your lips as softly as a prayer.

she hummed in a light, questionable tone, too focused on the soft skin between your jaw and your ear to pay any attention. a quick breath blew past your lips as she gently sucked on the area.

  "tay.." your voice was still breathy, but not as pleasured as it should've been, causing taylor to look up in slight distress.

  "what, what's up?" she asked with knitted eyebrows.

"look." you gestures towards the window, her head turning to see it too—snow, falling on the beach in a slow pattern despite the wind. it looked powdery, even from afar, and was beginning to blanket over the sand in contrast.

"beautiful, right?" she grinned at you, you nodded, knowing that she was more used to the sight as being the owner of the rhode island home, but for the many times you'd stayed over, you had never seen it snow till now.

  "yeah.." your voice trailed, the moment feeling suddenly delicate, taylor's blue eyes landing on yours as she noticed the excitement in your face.

you quickly slipped a knit sweater on before grabbing a pair of boots. then quickly, you met taylor by the door, whom of which was dressed up like a snow plow-worker due to her heavy coat, snow boots, and a thick, grey beanie on with the hood of her coat thrown over it. so when she saw you in a thin, autumn sweater, it took her by some surprise,

  "love, please tell me you're not just wearing that. you'll freeze!" taylor insisted.

"but we have to go! before the snow stops." you went for the doorknob, tay stood in front of it, grabbing a coat from the rack and holding it out.

with a whimsy sigh and a smile, you took it, slipping it onto your arms and over your shoulders comfortably.

  the cold wind flushed your face as you and taylor rushed out of the house and down towards the beach, hand in hand, loose strands of her blonde hair peaking out of her beanie. you held one another tightly as you went down the long, wooden stairs, careful not to slip.

getting closer to the ocean made it even harder to take in, the impossible way that the snow mixed with the sand, the waves crashing down in big, wintry tides. taylor held your gloved hands with hers, eyes smiling into your gaze.