2: Character Sheets Part Two

"Hey, Sohinki!" Joven said, smiling. Sohinki nodded in his direction as he went to set the cake down. Mari felt her heart flutter as Sohinki smiled at her when he walked past. What was wrong with her? Why did she feel this way? She wanted to scream.

As Mari focused on adding things she had forgotten from her character sheet, she felt someone sit next to her on the couch. She at first thought nothing of it, until she realized that there was only one seat left and it wasn't where Lasercorn had been sitting. She felt panic rising in her throat when she realized that the other person sitting next to her was none other than Sohinki. She tried not to let her emotions get the best of her, so she smiled at him.

He smiled back and then looked at the box in the center of the table. "Sweet!" he said happily, "are we doing an RPG night?"

Mari nodded. "I brought it. It's Ekidaka." She handed him a character sheet and said, "Now, if you don't mind, I would like you to fill out one of these, please and thank you."

Sohinki took the sheet and began feeling around in his pockets for a pen. He turned to Mari and asked, "Uh, I don't have a pen on me. Would you lend me one?"

She reached for a pen in the box, but as she did, Sohinki noticed the pen as well. He reached for it at the same time, and the result of this was that their hands ended up on top of one another's. Mari felt herself blushing, but she tried to ignore it, and she looked at Sohinki, with a nervous smile on her face. He simply smiled at her and moved his hand from above hers. She grabbed the pen and handed it to him, refusing to look him in the eye again.

He said thanks to her and then began filling out his sheet.

Lasercorn cleared his throat and Mari looked over to him, only to see that he had been trying to hand her his character sheet during the entire ordeal. She snapped out of her trance-like state and took the sheet.

Crimson. Real original, Mari thought to herself. She would never say it to Lasercorn's face though, because he was pretty intimidating, plus they were good friends. Crimson was half Starkiel, half human. Very awesome. Starkiels were born with the ability to fly, and they could use venom. Split personality that she called Scarlet. Ah, clever, Mari thought. Very clever indeed. Crimson liked to mismatch herself in order to represent both halves of her, and she liked to hang out at local bars. Crimson wanted to seek the Patriarch to rid her of her past memories living with Scarlet.

Mari smirked and thought back to Joven's character. The drunk assassin. It was practically a match made in heaven. Or hell. Or a local pub, whichever came first.

She scanned through the information and came across something Lasercorn had written in the "Other" section of his sheet. "I know you like Matt."

She felt sweat beginning to form on her forehead as she stared at the five-word sentence. If Lasercorn knew, Matt would surely find out. She blinked, looking away from the page. As she handed the sheet back to Lasercorn, she stammered as she said, "I-I really like your character."

Lasercorn nodded in response. Nothing said. Just a nod.

*******************************************************************************