Chapter 27

Nickolas

That's right about when I attacked him. I jumped from my spot at the table and tossed my body against his, easily knocking him over. 

"Nickolas!" Lexi shrieks. Ashton tries to pull me off, but I brush him away.

Kill him! And I should. How dare anyone think they can kiss my mate! She belongs to me! This woman is mine, and she's carrying our baby! How hard is it to understand? Kill him!

"Nickolas!" I punch Cristian in the side, but he manages to get up. 

"Get back here!" I growl and lunge.

"Oww!" My eyes widen as I turn around to see Lexi laying on her side on the floor. "Goddamn!" She squeals. 

"Shit!" Ashton pushes me to the side and helps her up.

"It hurts!" She whispers. 

"Get her to the hospital!" Cristian coughs up blood.

Ashton

"She's fine. The baby hasn't received any damage." Cristian confirms. I sigh in relief and check the latest ultrasound images. 

This is Nickolas's fault, I turn to glare at him. He's the one who attacked Cristian, which made Lexi get up. He made that chair move, which caused Lexi to lose her balance and fall. He's sitting in the chair, not speaking, just observing us.

"You can't say the same though." Cristian is bruised and has a sprained ankle; he stopped bleeding a few minutes ago. Nickolas has damaged my doctor. 

"I'm fine. We just have to make sure you don't go through anymore stress this close to your due date, okay?" He strokes Lexi's hair, earning a death glare from Nickolas.

"Get cleaned up, okay. Katerina's making you some hot cocoa." With that I shove out Nickolas.

"I'm so sorry I hurt her!" He starts off.

"You hurt her and her doctor. If you had done anything to that baby-."

"Just get rid of Cristian. Okay? That's all I ask for. Get rid of that man! He's kissed my mate! Please!"

"Lexi is entitled to her happiness. If she wants to stay with Cristian, I'm more than happy to let her. 

"She's mine! And she'll never love him! Never! No matter what she tries to pass on!"

"You lost the right to call her yours when you hurt her." I say coldly. Before walking back into the room.

Nickolas

"You wanted to speak to me?" I enter Ashton's office late into the night. He wanted to make sure Lexi was asleep before I came up.

"I'm sure you know that you being here is causing more stress on Lexi."

"I'm not causing stress! I'm here to make sure that baby is as healthy as possible!" I protest.