Chapter 5- Secrets

I didn't even get to change. I leaned against the wall and took deep breaths. I heard footsteps and a familiar pice mumble, "Strike." I looked up and smiled. "Lavi? Why are you doing here?" He walked up to me. "I heard about what Kanda said. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help protect you." I shook my head. "It wasn't your fault. Besides, I'm fine. All I did was pass out." He shook his head. He looked kind of....sad. "That wasn't just it. Kanda said that your heart stopped for a few seconds and your body was cold. You weren't breathing either. What would cause this?" I looked at the ground. "Lavi, I'm sorry. I can't tell you." He made a fist. "Why?" I sighed. "I can't get close to you. If I do, then all you'll be is depressed. I'm like bomb. I'm bound to blow one day while using my innocence unless I learn to control it." He had a look of hurt. "Learn to control it then." "It isn't that simple." "How is it not?" "Because, I have the heart." He stood there, quietly. "Then, it looks like I'm going to have to become stronger for you." I smiled slightly. "Lavi?" "Yeah?" "Can you stay until I'm dressed? Turn away though." He nodded and turned his back to me. "Okay, I'm done." He turned around, but was wide eyed. "Strike!" He said again and I blushed. I wore an outfit like Lenalee's. Except, I wore longer boots that reached my upper thigh and the skirt was a little short. We walked back to where The others were. The finders had found a cave for us to stay in. Before we reached the cave, the village was destroyed by Akuma. We all took our positions and stayed together. Then, Lavi suddenly disappeared.