.01

Beginning...

The warm water rolled off my cold body, the bruises that littered my arms and torso ached. The dull pain had become a part of my everyday life and I had gotten used to it. It felt like it had been years since the last time I saw my body in good condition. I went from having smooth soft skin to having scars and stitches everywhere. I could feel my swollen eye throb as I held my head in my hands.  I had taken a beating last night from Harley and Ivy but I refused to let the others know I couldn't handle it, I wanted them to believe I was strong and could take anything or anyone on, Which was a complete lie. I was weak, everything hurt I just had a way of hiding it.

"Miss Jones, will you be joining us for dinner this evening?" An older british voice shouted through the door. I had only been here for 2 short months and something about the man made me feel at home. He reminded me of my late grandfather except he had a thick southern accent and always talked about cars and politics. The only time I didn't feel anxious was when I was in my room alone or when I would sneak away from training to have tea with Alfred. He always loves telling me amazing story's about his past.

"I'll be down in a minute, go on without me!" I shouted hoping he could hear me over the loud water falling. "As you wish, Please be careful when getting out it can get very slick from the steam." Alfred spoke before stepping away to head back down the stairs. "I will." I mutter. It felt so odd having someone who seemed to care over the smallest things, to seem worried about me.

My past summers always consisted of going to the beach, Hanging out with all my friends, and riding my bike till the sun was completely down, But this summer was completely different. My once normal life had taken a turn for the worst after a horrible accident I refuse to even think about. Now I stay locked away in Wayne Manor during the day, the only freedom I take being nightly patrols. till August at least. August is the start of school and I'll be sent back home for studies. But deep down I feel like everything will be different, anyone I was once close with will see how I've changed. They wont like the person I've become, the person I had to become to protect them and myself. 

My once long sunny days and peaceful nights were gone, I stayed up most nights till the sun came up on patrol. If I wasn't watching over the streets of Gotham I was training in the cave with one of the boys. Sleep had become an old friend who hardly wanted to see me, and when he did visit I was left with horrible nightmares that scarred me more than I already was.

The only normal family time in this household was dinner every evening before Patrol. Most everyone would pile in the dinning room to get a taste of Alfred's amazing food. But being stuck in a room with the Waynes wasn't very peaceful no matter how many times Bruce mumbled 'shut up' or 'be calm' it was never successful.

I turned the water off stepping out grabbing a towel. Just a few more weeks and I would be home with my friends and family trying to act like everything was normal.

The clothes I wore didn't matter much cause in less than 2 hours I would be replacing it with a black suit. A simple oversized tee and shorts seemed perfect for the event. I pulled them over my bra and panties and headed for the door. I wasn't even fully in the hallway and I could already hear Tim and Damian screaming at each other from the dinning room. "This is going to be pleasant." I spoke to myself.

"You could always kill them and run." The other voice living in my head spoke. I liked to act like nothing was there and It was just me alone with my thoughts but that was far from the truth. I hated being around the rest of the family sometimes, A mix of the yelling and screaming and the voice in my head telling me to kill them drove me insane, more insane than I already was. It was getting harder to control the movements in my body, the thing was beginning to control me.  "She finally arrives!" Jason yells as I walk through the large oak doors leading into the beautiful large room with heavy wooden furniture, accents of gold littered around the room giving it texture, I still couldn't get use to the large house. Every room was so large and was kept in pristine condition. I praised Alfred at how well he did his job. I swear there wasn't a single particle of dust in this whole house.