Prologue

What is life? At one time people thought it was made for joy, adventure, unity, and even love. It has been many decades since a person has seen any such ideas. About a century ago the world fell into chaos when it was revealed that the people of this world were not truly alone. One day the world that people knew full of this idea of life ended quicker than it was created and the world was overrun with creatures of the night. It was said that these creatures had always been written about, maybe even worshipped by some; however, shortly after they overturned the planet and took over they quickly became feared. 

What are these creatures you may ask? Well, they are demons and monsters that have sprung from the darkest parts of humanity. The greed, the sin, the hatred...all these things gave birth to these creatures and they have only grown stronger since their arrival. When they first appeared and the world was thrown into chaos people began to kill and steal from one another in attempts to survive not knowing at the time they were only making the problem worse by allowing the darkest parts of themselves to take control. Shortly after this, humans were quickly controlled by demons and became their slaves, food, and tools for the demon's entertainment. As the demons became stronger they began to create more monsters and drew inspiration from the human minds of things they feared, so things that used to be just scary became things that would chase you. They created things like vampires, werewolves, and witches out of humans for fun and as time passed most of the human population had been eradicated. However, the demons did not want extinction so they started to regulate the lives of humans, when they procreated, where they lived, and even for how long. If they didn't die from uncontrollable factors of course. Everyone's life had a timeline and all you could do was hope yours was substantial. 

As time passed humans just accepted this as their lives and never bothered to fight back because they felt powerless and it did not become hard for the idea of a God to fade away, for no matter how hard they prayed there was no salvation in this concept of life. However, as time passed and things got worse there were humans who had begun being born with gifts, magical gifts that was insignificant in the beginning but as generations were born the powers became stronger, but still rare. Only about a third of the population was recorded in possessing some sort of power and it was not strong enough to fight back...that is not until now.